[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could any student of electrical or control engineering give me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1.png (98KB, 1536x498px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
98KB, 1536x498px
Could any student of electrical or control engineering give me a hand?

Why A = (N + 1) / 2 * u (n)?
Does not that first adder have any effect?

For me it should be A = (N + 1) / 2 * (u (n) + u (n-1)).
>>
>>9065006
>For me it should be A = (N + 1) / 2 * (u (n) + u (n-1)).
i agree that there should be an effect of the adder. but i disagree with your formula, though i have to admit that i never bothered getting used to the block diagrams of filters.

the path leading to the first adder always returns the last value that leaves the adder back to it.

lets assume we start the system. then the output of the adder a(n) is zero for n < 0.
let u(n), the entry sequence, be equal to 1 e.g. u(0) = u(1) = ... = 1.

then we have:
a(0) = u(0) + a(-1) = u(0) = 1
a(1) = u(1) + a(0) = 2;
a(2) = u(2) + a(1) = 3;
and so on.

as you can see a(n) is monotonically incrasing.
but going by your formula this cannot occur as u(n) + u(n-1) is always either 1 or 2 for my entry sequence.
>>
>>9065741
addendum:
now i recall that the block diagrams are rather unintuitive as a recursion such the one at the first adder usually just means that the entry sequence is lead back with some delay (here a delay of 1). as this is closer to the solution presented in your image i guess thats how it is (even though its a super retarded way of depicting it).

tl;dr:
you are correct IMO
>>
>>9065006
oh wait.
h(n) are the impulse responses and u(n) is the unit step i.e. u(n) = 1 for n >= 0.

i think my first interpretation is correct.

to calculate all h's(n) you need to set the input signal to x(n) = delta(n) i.e. 1 for n = 0 and zero else.

then the first adder creates the unit signal u(n).

so yes, the paper is correct.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.