[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If the universe is just a giant heat engine how does making money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: Flametest--.swn.jpg (209KB, 1500x2500px) Image search: [Google]
Flametest--.swn.jpg
209KB, 1500x2500px
If the universe is just a giant heat engine how does making money relate to this?

Does making money accelerate entropy?
>>
>>9062087
>the universe is just a giant heat engine
It isn't.
>>
>>9062087
A hs biology teacher once told me that ATP is like money.

>http://www.creationresearch.org/crsq/articles/36/36_1/atp.html

>These low energy bonds must be translated to high energy bonds, and this is a role of ATP. A steady supply of ATP is so critical that a poison which attacks any of the proteins used in ATP production kills the organism in minutes.

No money, civilization, as we know it, collapses. Civilization is like organism here.

> Note that ATP is an energy-coupling agent and not a fuel. It is not a storehouse of energy set aside for some future need. Rather it is produced by one set of reactions and is almost immediately consumed by another.

Analogous to money transactions etc etc.

Hyperinflation can lead to rather chaotic circumstances, and like government's economies, when there's too much ATP (money), the body stops producing ATP.

It allows civilizations to exist via a comon survival tool. Without money regulating food, many people'd starve because no one'd feel obligated to maintain the crops and farmland.

Then again, communes're civil and live primarily off of farmed crops, so hey.

Buddhist monks don't accept or use money of any kind and they're all about self-control, so there could be some anti-entropy effects from that. Hope I answered some questions for ya, bud. Peace.
>>
>>9062087
>Does making money accelerate entropy?
Money is supposed to be the incentive you receive by reducing the entropy of something in accordance to the market's needs (like shaping metals for cars, which are complex systems and lower in entropy, or fabric into clothes, or ordering disordered financial data in a table as an accountant, hiring a construction team to build you a house, a maid to clean and order that house and so on). Money's primary function is therefor reduction of entropy within the system it exists in, hence why our society gets progressively more ordered and complex with every next day - you get money for reducing entropy and then proceed to spend it to someone else after he has reduced entropy for you. Or at least that's how it applies for our closed system, because we create waste around us by reducing our entropy.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.