[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does this mean? I've read studies that psychoactive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

What does this mean? I've read studies that psychoactive substances and maybe even non psychoactive substances cause physical changes in the brain that may be permanent. Does this mean that after 25 these substances dont cause physical changes to the brain anymore or what? Since the brain has finished developing does it mean anything?
>>
>>9060660
If you consume something that causes a massive amount of ROS production, leading to a cascade of cell death, is it permanent?

Yep. Other stuff can damage receptors and other cellular structures / machinery, some types of signalling can cause functional alterations long after the fact, etc. Otherwise you would never change.

Basic logic tends to tell you it all. Things are all very simple and very similar at their core.
>>
>>9060660
write so that people can understand please. you're not clear. what does what mean? im not sure but i know psychoactive drugs cause changes at any age. in the first 25 years your brain changes more than it will for the rest of your life so i assume interrupting these changes in those years will have a bigger effect on you than interruptions in the latter years since interrupting in the first 25 years affects your maturation. your brain seems more malleable then so maybe more fuckable.
>>
Ive been smoking weed since I was 15 (25 now) even if I quit now and develop study habits and go back to school am I fucked forever?
>>
>>9060678
hmm yeah I wonder myself even kids start drinking coffee at a fairly young age so I wonder how much of an effect it has and what changes it does structurally to the brain.
>>
>>9060678
honestly; the answer is depends on who you are and your specific traits. statistics you hear about weed causing this and that only really apply to a general population or sample. based on this we maybe say youre more likely to be this or that, but your own personal outcomes will depend on the myriad other factors in your life interacting with the weed. the answer is honestly ... i dont know. only you can really look on your own life and try to see if u think weed has effected you for good or bad and whether you would have been different if you didnt take it. you may not even be able to make that inference in all likelihood. but it probably is never too late to change or make improvements. its always possible. you just have to think and try hard.
>>
>>9060694
i dont think coffee is well known for causing lasting changes to your brain or cognition in the same way weed does.
>>
>>9060703
I don't think there have been any major studies on it other than teens not getting enough sleep after drinking jt
>>
>>9060660

you ought to have toughened the fuck up by 25 and not be some wishy washy bitch.
>>
>>9060660
look up "plasticity of the brain"

The tl;dr is that everything affects younger brains more than older brains.
>>
>>9060660
the brain continues to develop through the entire life, although later in life new neurons appear only in hippocampus and olfactory bulb
but you surely dont want to fuck up your hippocampus trust me
>>
your brain is less malleable after this age is my guess .
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.