[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it theoretically be possible to cure all autoimmune diseases

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: consider:.jpg (31KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
consider:.jpg
31KB, 500x375px
Would it theoretically be possible to cure all autoimmune diseases by injecting patients with monoclonal antibodies specifically targeting memory B and T cells? Wouldn't that make it possible to reset their acquired immunity back to how it was when they were born after only a few doses? That ought to make the patient's immune system permanently forget how to attack friendly tissues.
>>
File: 1432228678146.gif (2MB, 450x254px) Image search: [Google]
1432228678146.gif
2MB, 450x254px
pls respond
>>
>>9058661

Cells die.
The ones doing the damage have memory in their DNA, thus, when new ones are created they have a copy of that DNA. If you inject those cells they would die eventually and new ones (with the old memory) would replace them.
I could think of inhibiting immune cell production and providing different ones like you say through some kind of dialisis. Would be hard and expensive and probably wouldn't work. If it works it would be a treatment not a cure, much like current solutions for autoimmune diseases. Bone marrow, thyme, spleen, etc. transplant could somehow work theoretically.
A cure would consist on some kind of dna modification, which I think is ridiculous for our time.
>>
>>9058916
Rituximab is a lymphoma drug made from a synthetic antibody that kills B cells. Why couldn't you make another injectable antibody targeting antigens on memory B and T cells? You're right that they store the acquired immunity information in their cell line's DNA, but if you could kill all of them at once, couldn't you regenerate new naive ones from your bone marrow that don't have the acquired DNA to produce autoantibodies?
>>
>>9058661
The cure to autoimmune disease is to go outside, pick up a spoonful of dirt from the garden, and eat it.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.