[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you’re alive in 30 years, it’s likely you will be alive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: DNA.jpg (462KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DNA.jpg
462KB, 1200x1000px
Thoughts?

http://www.univverse.org/science/if-youre-alive-in-30-years-its-likely-you-will-be-alive-in-1000-years/
>>
>>9056252
clickbait article

something being possible doesn't mean probable. It's unknown and not something we can predict.
>>
>>9056252
i think it is extremely unlikely any humans will be around in 1000 years
things will get worse and keep getting worse
we lack the biological complexity to rebound.
its the end and thats the truth that comes along with ecological literacy
>>
>>9056289
Our biggest ecological hazards right now are due to developing nations and we're tackling these nonetheless.

>>9056252
There's no guaranteeing such a technology will be made a public service. It's very possible that it's true for rich people though.
>>
File: NEBJ5261.jpg (919KB, 4999x3488px) Image search: [Google]
NEBJ5261.jpg
919KB, 4999x3488px
>>9056304
>are do to developing nations
WRONG
they are due to devolping "nations" being systematically destoryed and pillaged for resources and labor(aka capital) by developed nations. you have state actors and international finance pushing market liberalization so the land and coastal waters can be opened up to economic colonialism by international corporations, which are in principle totalitarian entities unaccountable to the public and only required to fulfill one obligation, bring profit to the shareholders. The problems are not getting better, they are getting exponentially worse and will continue to do so.
People in "developing nations"are losing everything they have and so are you. this will really sink in as we run out of earth to "develop"
pic related
you dont know and you dont know that you dont know
>>
File: 1493906875974.jpg (25KB, 641x530px) Image search: [Google]
1493906875974.jpg
25KB, 641x530px
>>9056252
>futurist clickbait garbage
I thought you were better than this, /sci/
>>
>>9056432
If we have to sacrifice the planet to colonize the galaxy so be it.
>>
>>9056516
nobody is going to colonize the galaxy
>>
>>9056252
nonsense. stay away from the science journalists.
>>
>>9056516
Lay off the pop-sci for a while Reginald.
>>
>>9056514
You did?
>>
>>9056544
>immortality
>utopia

Popsci is for people who gave up religion and want science to pick up the slack.

And maybe it will, but not this soon.
>>
>checks link
>not science or nature

fuck off
>>
>>9056289
>>9056281
>>9056304
>>9057679
>>9056544
>>9056514
Not OP but
I know it's click bait I just want to believe... I'd be so interesting if we could live that long. But I know nothing of biology (physicist)

That is all
>>
>>9057674
So true.
>mighty lord of technology please save us from ourselves and we will sacrifice all of our privacy to the data aggregates, peace be with your data plan
>may we forever have fresh content, scroll down
>surely your advances in renewable energy and biotechnology will give us everlasting life
>those from the tumblr sect have different mores although we can join as one and feast on the bounty of memes to gain strength in our battle against the anti-net neutrality devil.
>your magical technology will save us from suffering and death, please do not be offended by my clicking the x on the browser for I will be forever praying at my cell phone and watching the prophets on netflix, who promise me a better future while I don't have to do anything
>>
>>9057679
>not mentioning Cell
pleb
>>
>>9057686
The idea kinda scares me honestly, think of everything which would have to change around this, not sure we would ever manage to adapt around it in time to avoid a major crisis.
>>
>>9057686
You mean you don't wake up every morning with an insatiable urge to die halted only by your immeasurable cowardice?
>>
>>9057873
this is the general premise of a weird alternate reality ive envisioned, where people live forever (assuming they take care of themselves from a nutritional standpoint), but have to choose when they die by ultimately committing suicide. Basically, the world is so perfect and the knowledge of healthcare is so advanced that the only way to leave life is to kill yourself. But it is up to you to decide when to.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.