[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If the earth is rotating eastward at approx. 1,000 mph how does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: ayjn4CA_kxc.jpg (16KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
ayjn4CA_kxc.jpg
16KB, 350x200px
If the earth is rotating eastward at approx. 1,000 mph how does a commercial plane traveling eastward at 500-600 mph ever reach its destination?
>>
>>9052638
how is it possible to get up from your seat at the back of a train and ever walk to the front of the train if the train is moving at 30 mph?
>>
>>9052638
More importantly, how retarded do you have to be for not noticing the 1000mph wind outside?
>>
>>9052638
The atmosphere is rotating with the planet. A helicopter standing still hovering in one position doesnt move west at 1,000 mph now does it?
>>
>>9052660

If you're on a train that's moving 50MPH eastward, and you get up from your seat and walk to the front of the train at 2MPH and the Earth rotates roughly 1000MPH, and orbits the sun at 676,80MPH and is swirling around the galaxy at 490,000, and the galaxy is moving at 2236933MPH:

How fast are you moving?
>>
>>9052638
This question is so ignorant, it's nt even worthy of being called "bait."
>>
>>9052638
>earth
>rotating

this is what fluoride does to your brain
>>
The earth is flat nasa is a fraud and big brother is watching you bitches
>>
>>9052638
The same way you reach the corner store while walking eastward for half a mile.
>>
>>9052707
Elaborate
>>
>>9052638
>??? OMG THE EARTH IS MOVING WHY DO I NOT FLY OFF OF IT WHEN I JUMP
this is you op
>>
File: MakingShitUp.jpg (58KB, 480x717px) Image search: [Google]
MakingShitUp.jpg
58KB, 480x717px
The trolling is strong in this thread.
>>
Everyone is kinda validating this guys question by saying stupid shit. Talking about walking on trains and walking to the corner store and helocopters hovering. Those things just bid the same question. Maybe pointing out someones flawed logic and steering them in the right direction is a better way to combat ignorance tham making redundant comments about fluoride. Just saying...
>>
>>9053179
ask troll questions, get troll answers
>>
Report shitpost threads
>>
Alright then. I'll bite. The earth is rotating at 1000 mph and so are you. If you were to have a bowl of water with something in it and spun it around the bowl would move and the pieces would stay. Move it long enough and the pieces will rotate with the bowl. That's essentially what happened many millions of years ago.
>>
>>9052699
Depends on the reference frame ;)
>>
>>9053179
>Maybe pointing out someones flawed logic and steering them in the right direction is a better way to combat ignorance

no, no, No, No, NO, NO, NO

The reason these people are dumb is because they refuse to try to work the answer out themselves or utilize that part of their brain that is critical thinking. Just handing them the answers all the time is handicapping them for life. It's like a child who asks you WHY 20 millions times and the parent painstakingly answering WHY 20 million times, instead of handing the kid a book and saying, find the damn answer yourself.
It's like that old proverb. Feed a man hungry for knowledge and he's smart for a day. Teach a man to feed himself knowledge and he's intelligent for life.
>>
>>9053179
>Everyone is kinda validating this guys question by saying stupid shit.
He *is* talking shit. It's a troll question that leads inevitably to a flat Earth "debate," involving making exasperatingly stupid claims and then challenging everyone to prove them wrong.
OP's an attention whore. Period.
Sage replies.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.