[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Algebra shouldn't be a required class because it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: jew.jpg (94KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
jew.jpg
94KB, 900x900px
Algebra shouldn't be a required class because it's the #1 thing keeping non-White people from getting a job, says chancellor of California community college system

http://www.dailywire.com/news/18821/ca-educator-algebra-civil-rights-issue-get-rid-it-hank-berrien
>>
>>9051768
>/pol/
>>
>>9051768
As a mathematician I pretty much agree that it shouldn't be required.

But looking at people struggling with such trivial crap just makes me laugh. People that stupid deserve to suffer. Keep it is as a requirement just to spite them. Heck, give me an university and I will give those faggots an algebra class for each semester. And here is the catch: each algebra course will actually be the fucking same. I swear we will see people who pass the first course with a C- and then go on to the second and then fail that one, top kek. Fucking retards.
>>
>>9051809
dont feed the trolls m8
>>
>>9051768
Maybe work ethic is what is keeping non-whites from getting a job. Asian-americans are the highest earners in the USA. While they represent roughly 5% of the US population, they compose about 30% of MIT's undergraduate student body, the same amount as white students. Why might that be?
>>
File: 1461262274864.jpg (41KB, 688x456px) Image search: [Google]
1461262274864.jpg
41KB, 688x456px
>>9051809
>As a mathematician I pretty much agree that it shouldn't be required.
>>
>>9051817

OP here, I'm not trolling you retard, I didn't even say anything other than describe the content of the article
>>
>>9051825
>>9051825
>http://www.dailywire.com/news/18821/ca-educator-algebra-civil-rights-issue-get-rid-it-hank-berrien
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-daily-wire/
sure you're not
>>
College doesn't just teach you specific skills in a field, it is also intended to help you think for yourself and help yourself. Anyone that can't figure out basic algebra will be worthless when it comes to figuring out other things they haven't encountered. This has nothing to do with whether or not you actually use what you learn in the course.

I took ochem and Calc 2 my first semester at uni. Both had around a 50% fail rate. My analysis class was filled with a good amount of education majors and most of them failed too. They don't deserve a degree.
>>
>>9051833

the article i posted links to the NPR story. are they fake news too?
>>
>>9051833
You apparently don't know what "trolling" means.
>>
>>9051846
im not saying it's fake news. im saying this is politics, not science. If it were, you would have a research article for me.
>>9051847
and you apparently think posting a minute apart wont get you seen as a samefag, but here we are
>>
>>9051848

this is related to math, it's fine to post it here. and yes you were obviously saying the source isn't reliable. everything you've said in this thread has been wrong lol
>>
>>9051852
eh whatever, ill just reported it and be on my way. we'll let the mods figure shit out
>>
>>9051856

k, enjoy the rest of your worthless life
>>
I actually do think nonwhites deserve a separate, more forgiving grading system, along with a blinded applications process to prevent it from working against them. I think this would be a reasonable way to prevent beneficiaries of Affirmative Action from dropping out at disproportionate rates.
>>
>>9051818
>Why might that be?
Because they have a higher average IQ. This is furthered by the fact that most recent Asian immigrants will be well educated professionals, meaning the average IQ of recent asian immigrants in america will be higher than the asian american average, the global asian average, and the national average.
>>
>>9051939
This has to be b8
>>
This has nothing to do with science.
>>>/pol/
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.