[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If the universe started from a singularity, could a black-hole

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: images.jpg (10KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 299x168px
If the universe started from a singularity, could a black-hole generate other universe?
>>
File: CFSugarBitches_lg.jpg (337KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
CFSugarBitches_lg.jpg
337KB, 1500x1000px
>>9051093
I don't know, but do you like cows?
>>
>>9051093
A black hole is just a bunch of matter, like any planet or star. It's only dark because it has even more matter in a smaller space than any planet or star ever could. Pretty neat, huh.
>>
>>9051098
Wuao plis give me a one cupo of lovelymilk,pretty conw
>>
>>9051093
If that were the case, yes. However the universe didn't start from a singularity. The universe started from a very dense hot state.

Now, if a singularity were to make a universe, we would've been fucked. Since, according to that logic, a singularity stopping to exist due to Hawking radiation, would create a whole new universe . The amount of energy realesed is so enormous, that it would bring certain doom. The universe now wouldn't be so happy with another big bang. And the universe is infinite. A black hole isn't.
>>
>>9051102
But there is a theory that said that the universe started with an explosion of a singularity. and the black hole could be so dense that makes a singularity?
>>
>>9051108
But this dense hot state is the singularity that from this, spiltted space and time. Am I wrong?
>>
Perhaps.
>>
>>9051093
>could a black-hole generate other universe?
since by definition the curvature of space time in the vicinity of a black hole is so extreme that nothing can escape there is no understood mechanism by which the scenario you proposed can occur.
>>
Agreed.
>>
>>9051121
Could you explain? I didn't understand why this could broke my question. And just because there is no understood mechanism, this could be wrong.
>>
File: 1476744239283.jpg (39KB, 508x524px) Image search: [Google]
1476744239283.jpg
39KB, 508x524px
>>9051093
Silly normie, only the engineers can make new universes. We live in a simulation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgSZA3NPpBs

>>9051108
Infinity is a human concept while we can prove that things can be finite, since that is our reality. There is no good reason to believe that the universe is infinite, and not just something like 100000 to the power of 100000 light years large or something insanely huge like that. Obviously that's just a theory, but so is infinity. However the problem with infinity is that it's the lazy way out because you'll never be able to prove it. The finite universe theory is actually provable if we ever reach that outer edge or limit. With infinity, you could get only a dozen light years from that edge and go "haha, see? I was right! It's infinite!". You get a constant loopback of retardation which limits you.
>>
The universe didn't start from a singularity.
>>
>>9051141
Why are you so right about that?
>>
>>9051129
well if someone discovers something that defies the laws of general relativity then maybe. But as it stands now once you cross the event horizon their is no path through space-time that ever leads out again no matter how much energy you have at your disposal. e.g., even all the energy of the creation of the universe couldn't get you out of a black hole if you fell in.
>>
>>9051118
A singularity isn't always an infitasimaly dence point in space. It is just something that breaks the laws of physics. But yes the universe did start from a singularity (I'm wrong>>9051108
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Initial_singularity)), but a black hole will never start a new universe, because it would be to small
>>
>>9051093
I've heard this argued but I don't see how. The idea is that the collapse of a star creates a portal that leads to another universe. This is concievable, but to suggest that the collapse of the star creates the universe is another thing entirely. Where would it get the energy to do so? Would it just be a miniature pocket universe? Where's the precursor of that? Nonsense. As for a black hole accidentally generating a universe in our universe, don't hold your breath. And as for a black hole evaporating and creating a new universe like >>9051108 said that's even less likely since how can something which is nothing create anything? Now if you are talking about the last black hole evaporating at the end of the universe, well yeah that's completely different, but even so it is not the black hole that brings it about, rather it is
>>
>>9051150
No you were right dude. That link says "universe" but it actually means observable universe. The terminology is extremely annoying and interchangeable, leading to lots of confusion.

The universe was in an infinitely dense and hot state. Any finite volume was condensed into a singularity. It doesn't make sense, but it's not supposed to.
>>
>>9051137
Brainlet here, but ill post my opinion anyway.

You can travel around a circle infinitely, therefore, the universe that we live in is also of a smiliar shape, albeit in 3 dimensions

But of course, this is only a theory of mine, and im happy to be proven wrong
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.