[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about the economic implications of a STEM career.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Snatcher.gif (58KB, 479x273px) Image search: [Google]
Snatcher.gif
58KB, 479x273px
Let's talk about the economic implications of a STEM career.

>Get memed into stem
>Get memed into health
>Get memed into pharmacy
150k in debt later and my "Doctorate" is fucking useless because the field is saturated as fuck.
Fuck off with the stem shit. Its been over for a decade now.

How is it for the other /sci/entists?
Are you actually finding work with you chemistry, physics etc. degree?
>>
how about checking for job opportunities BEFORE choosing field of study you brainlet
>>
Engineering fags don't need to apply, enjoy your dwindling job market.
>>
>>9050350
Every single pharmacy school in the nation still memes the pharmacist shortage.
And every single university has advisors that tell you how "in demand" stem and IT jobs are, meanwhile the entire job market is saturated as fuck.
>>
>>9050350
Not OP but i chose physics when I was in highschool, teachers really do peddle the "STEM or get out" meme. No one should have to pick something so heavy at 17.

I'm working as an undergrad researcher over the summer, its not as fun as /sci/ hyped it up to be. I'm going to finish this degree and transfer into a BEng mech. degree at a better school before I fall for the masters/phd meme too. Thank god my parents are rich and I got so many scholarships.
>>
>>9050363
Look up mechanical engineering jobs in your area before you do. You're fucked if you're in the north east or the Midwest
>>
>>9050366
Living in Canada, electrical and mechanical are still in demand from what stats say and are expected to rise. I'm picking mechanical just because I can finish it quicker and I enjoy thermodynamic shit
>>
>>9050345
In my country, the only fields that are not saturated are medicine and CS.

t. CS PhD student
>>
>>9050345
>Be Canadian
>Get dirt cheap degree requiring no debt
>Get into US PhD program
>Tuition fully covered
>34k stipend
Does this make you mad, Americuck?
>>
>>9050345
>because the field is saturated as fuck.

I go to a small university with an even smaller department of mathematics. Last year, only one person earned a bachelors in mathematics here. I mention that because I know that I am almost guaranteed to get a job here, all I have to do is just keep going. And I say that because a large chunk of the professors are really old now, like 5 of them will be retiring in the next 5 years which will leave many spots open for new people with PhDs then, and in 5 years I may already have my PhD or at best have a masters which means I could TA.

I think I got it figured it out man.
>>
>>9050345
>get memed into health
See this is where you fucked yourself up being money hungry instead of wanted to push boundaries
>>
>>9050387
B-but muh need to "help people"
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.