[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So Let's say I wanted to make a machine that rubbed steel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

So Let's say I wanted to make a machine that rubbed steel wool against copper wire to make heat energy. How do I put that heat energy into source? As in, how do I put it in a thing that will store the generated energy?
>>
Skip all the steps and take the energy source you'd use to rub the pieces together instead.
>>
>>9048004

So you're saying I could just have the copper and steelwool on top of say a block of lithium with a power outlet and the heat would transfer to the lithium?
>>
ur mum rubbed her steel wool against my copper wire last nite
>>
>>9047962
Well usually heat is converted to mechanical energy through the expansion of fluids, but I don't think you'll be able to boil water by rubbing a copper wire. In your particular case you could probably use the Seebeck effect to convert that heat into electrical voltage and drive an electric motor.
>>
>>9048090

What if I made a copper belt that spun around a steel rod with a cup of fluid at the top?
>>
>>9047962
If you want to waste energy so badly, just run current through a resistor.
>>
File: 1485628065534.jpg (49KB, 556x561px) Image search: [Google]
1485628065534.jpg
49KB, 556x561px
>>9048072
>>
>>9049630

Well were else do I put the power I make with my contraption, a tomato? I'm stealing your tomato!
>>
>>9048460
Just take whatever you're using to spin the belt and use that thing's energy source instead.
>>
>>9048072
this was hurtful
>>
Reddit thread. This board is for real science not plebbit memescience
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.