[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do genetically engineered animals have indicators that they have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (275KB, 1900x1383px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
275KB, 1900x1383px
Do genetically engineered animals have indicators that they have been man made?

According to national geographic, even after centuries of effort, some 86 percent of Earth's species have yet to be fully described, according to a new study that predicts our planet is home to 8.7 million species.

If some government lab created a genetically engineered animal spliced from multiple species, would other scientists not involved in the process be able to identify that the animal was spliced from other species? How would scientists know that it isn't a newly identified animal?
>>
>>9044768
If OP tries to talk to a female of this species it and it rejects him, we'll know it developed through natural means
>>
>>9044793
stop projecting bruh
>>
>>9044768
It is possible to compare the species to its nonGM relatives and look for something unusual in its genetics, though you would need an expert to confirm it.
>>
>>9044768
I believe humans, or specific populations, were probably engineered by something else. Whether a species that came before us, is still with us, or came from elsewhere. The spectrum of purposes for this is fairly wide, but none really fit well yet.

Adam and Eve were very clearly not the first humans, and emerged into a populated world. Many ancient depictions of the tree of life show it as a tree with 23 branches, each forking in two at the end. Perhaps the tree of knowledge is symbolic of their means for freedom from genetic slavery.
>>
>>9045994
interesting thought
>>
>>9044768
>sequence organism
>parts of the genome have high similarities to sequences from completely different organisms
One example. Now, the interesting question is why I am even responding to this thread, given that I know that 95% of the people browsing /sci/ in 2017 haven't even graduated high-school and this thread will turn into another shit-fest.
>>
>>9044768
Popular viral promoters used in biotechnology are easily identified with PCR.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.