[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"depression has both psychological and physiological

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 9f5Adp1[2].jpg (58KB, 720x960px)
9f5Adp1[2].jpg
58KB, 720x960px
>"depression has both psychological and physiological components bro"
>subject takes natural antidepressants like fish oil and turmeric
>subject feels better even though life didn't improve a bit and he underwent no therapy
Explain this
>>
>>9044277
placebo effect is real eh
"psychological and physiological" effects/causes of depression are strictly correlated, and if because of a placebo one feels better psychologically, physiological changes will ensue
it is also possible that when one says "I'm depressed" he isn't really "clinically" depressed

really what's so hard to understand that needs to be explained?
>>
>>9044277
>natural antidepressants

Excuse me?
>>
>>9044277
Having pshychological and physiological causes doesnt mean every case has both
>>
>>9044288
isn't it more likely that the ONLY cause was a neurochemical imbalance, which thus leads the subject into rationalizing his illness ("my life sucks because of x")?

>>9044290
yes?

>>9044296
Like I said, I believe it's only a physiologial problem
>>
>>9044323
>isn't it more likely that the ONLY cause was a neurochemical imbalance
no, because if there wasn't a psychological component to his problem he wouldn't say he was depressed
being depressed doesn't require rationalizing, you might feel depressed and attribute the cause to something, but you have to feel depressed at the beginning to do that

treating this as a purely theoretical situation, it might well be that the neurochemical imbalance you're talking about was caused by psychological factors, or that for some reason something caused a neurochemical imbalance in him that got him depressed?
>>
>>9044277
feeling better doesn't mean his problem has been solved
>>
>>9044277
just be more confident bro
>>
>>9044277
Negative thoughts lead to negative emotion, and vice versa.
>>
>>9044518
just be urself
>>
>nutritional deficit causes depression
>nutritional deficit is corrected
>depression goes away

is this really so hard for psychiatrists/psychologists/doctors to understand? I guess its easier to just give SSRIs everytime someone whines even a little bit.
>>
>>9046331
b12 is the only nutrition directly correlated to depression.
Everything else is placebo.
>>
Depression is a meme illness, 50% of all depression sufferers are middle aged house wives mad that they aren't a Stacy any more.
>>
>>9046333
>Everything else is placebo.
>placebo
I don't that word means what you think it means
>>
>>9046339
The effects of other nutrients on depression are a placebo.
You recovered from depression with a proper diet because of cobalamin.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.