[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>most house flies are way too fast to swat >if a house

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: tv_patriot_main1a.jpg (512KB, 2000x1334px) Image search: [Google]
tv_patriot_main1a.jpg
512KB, 2000x1334px
>most house flies are way too fast to swat
>if a house fly is slow it inevitably gets swatted
>fast house flies therefore have longer lifespans and outbreed their slow counterparts
>can't even remember the last time I was able to kill a fly slow enough for traditional swat methods
What do you think /sci/? Should we be selectively killing faster house flies so that slow fly traits can become dominant?

If we leave fly speed unchecked for too long I feel like they could become too fast for us to control.
>>
File: guns-animation.gif (635KB, 480x324px) Image search: [Google]
guns-animation.gif
635KB, 480x324px
nah nigga just stop using primitive technology

get the bugasalt! NOW FREE SHIPPING! GET TWO FOR THE PRICE OF ONE! DO NOT PASS THIS DEAL UP!

https://youtu.be/WRgjLXrUebw
>>
>>9044256
>only house flies fast enough to dodge an air powered salt crystal projectile are left in the gene pool
No thank you.
>>
>>9044268
upon further research, apparently it's like a shotgun blast. im so tempted to buy one but 40 bucks...
>>
>>9044294
If it's strong enough to kill a fly it's strong enough to chip paint too. Safety first anon.
>>
>>9044245
Rise to the challenge, grow with your opponents
>>
maybe these super fast flies will bother slow people so much that they suicide, leaving only the faster humans alive.
>>
File: 1498166542547.jpg (25KB, 324x324px) Image search: [Google]
1498166542547.jpg
25KB, 324x324px
>>9044338
>>
File: 11-af-sport-karate_629347562.jpg (50KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
11-af-sport-karate_629347562.jpg
50KB, 800x600px
>>9044338
So you be sayin..

We gon be fly swattas n shiet?
>>
>>9044245
You would avoid swatting flies so that they breed selectively until they become slow enough to swat. Then what do you do, swat them? Now you're back to square one. Unsustainable.
>>
do flies experince time slower and thats why they have fast reactions?
>>
>>9044651
Yes. Believe it or not, the foundational theories of quantum physics were actually developed by entomologists studying the speed at which flies react to external stimuli.

It's a heavily disputed subject among physicists and entomologists alike, but there are many well respected members of both fields that believe the key to FTL motion can be uncovered by studying a house fly's wings.
>>
>>9044701

you taking the piss mate?
>>
>>9044724
Depends on whether or not you're genuinely curious about a house fly's ability to distort gravitational fields and bend time?
>>
>>9044245
Dude just seat faster holy shit
>>
>>9044738

I meant that maybe they experience time slower so we move in slow motion for them, not that their wings distort time
>>
>>9044256
I'm having to reevaluate my opinion of the states
>>
>>9044245
Fly death by swatting consitutes a very small percentage of their total death cause. This means that you will not change fly behavior in the very least by choosing which ones to swat.
>>
I once hit a fly with a ping pong ball. It has nothing to do with the thread but I wanted you to know.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.