[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can /sci/ explain what would happen if Pinocchio said "my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 1492936271026.jpg (74KB, 737x758px) Image search: [Google]
1492936271026.jpg
74KB, 737x758px
Can /sci/ explain what would happen if Pinocchio said "my nose will grow now"?
>>
>>9044231
His nose would grow because it would initially be a lie
>>
>>9044235
Truth
>>
>>9044231
His nose would begin oscillating.
>>
>>9044231
Science does not really have the ability to answer "What would happen if fantasy was real?"
>>
>>9044260
prove it, i'll wait.
>>
File: when the ? kicks in.gif (458KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
when the ? kicks in.gif
458KB, 256x256px
Does Pinocchios nose function based on his intention of lying or based on the fundamental truthfulness of a statement he makes?

For example, if somebody stole his hat without him noticing, and someone asked him if he had his hat, and he said "yes", would his nose grow? If it's based on his intentions, it would not grow, but if it is based on intrinsic truth of a statement, it would grow.

If his nose functioned that way, you could use it to quickly brute force a lot of extremely difficult problems. For example, you could simply ask Pinocchio if all nontrivial zeros of the analytical continuation of the Riemann zeta function have a real part of 1/2 and get a quick answer to the Riemann hypothesis.
>>
File: Download.jpg (10KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
Download.jpg
10KB, 275x183px
>>9044231
Pinocchio's nose would turn into Schroedinger's cat.
>>
Depends on if he truly believes whether it will grow or not.
>>
>>9044231
It depends on whether the mechanism which controls the growth of Pinocchio's nose is omniscient and whether or not it functions on Pinocchio's intent.
>>
>>9044231
What if pinocchio is asking this question?
>>
His nose will oscillate.
>>
>>9044231
If he is lying then his nose will grow. But he is telling the truth so contradiction.

If he is telling the truth, then his nose will grow which means he is lying. Contradiction.
>>
This didn't come up in the stories but subjecting his nose to a logical paradox causes it to grow into the 4th dimension
>>
The universe splits in two.
>>
Oh shit, let's call it OP's paradox

wooooooooooo call up Kurt Godel
>>
>>9044231
Implying that his nose grows only when he's lying.
>>
>>9044409
What if he's a real boy?
>>
File: 1478190432090.jpg (281KB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1478190432090.jpg
281KB, 1920x1920px
>>9044231
Assuming the forces equal out (eventually) it would grow, but perhaps not to full potential of a normal lies growth factor.
>>
>>9044231
It would grow backwards in space and time.
>>
Put me in the screecap
>>
His nose would enter a state of quantum superposition. An apparatus measuring his nose would come up with results equivalent to measuring a qubit
>>
File: apu.jpg (34KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
apu.jpg
34KB, 655x527px
It would grow and not grow, but only if everyone in the room closed their eyes.
>>
>>9044279
the only real answer her
>>
>>9044279

>open /sci/
>you could simply ask Pinocchio if all nontrivial zeros of the analytical continuation of the Riemann zeta function have a real part of 1/2 and get a quick answer to the Riemann hypothesis

kek
>>
>>9046098
What screencap?
>>
>>9044279
>If his nose functioned that way, you could use it to quickly brute force a lot of extremely difficult problems. For example, you could simply ask Pinocchio if all nontrivial zeros of the analytical continuation of the Riemann zeta function have a real part of 1/2 and get a quick answer to the Riemann hypothesis.

kek
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.