[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is magnetism always 90 degrees clockwise from electricity while

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: S237W.png (63KB, 423x185px) Image search: [Google]
S237W.png
63KB, 423x185px
Is magnetism always 90 degrees clockwise from electricity while viewing the direction of the wave from behind? Also why?
>>
LEFT HAND RULE
>>
>>9044226
because S=ExB
>>
File: 120px-OhmsLaw.svg.png (2KB, 120x168px) Image search: [Google]
120px-OhmsLaw.svg.png
2KB, 120x168px
>>9044242
Oh, I didn't realize there was a rule to this, okay thanks.

Also I found this image on wikipedia and it looks like it's saying current flows from positive to negative but I always thought it was the opposite. What is the deal, here?
>>
>>9044255
In physics, the electrons flow from negative to positive. However, a lot of engineering stuff presents the flow as being from positive to negative because they didn't know better back when they were laying down the conventions.
>>
>>9044263
Okay, just checking, thanks.
>>
>>9044226
in a vacuum, yes

in other media, no

because Maxwell said so
>>
>>9044263
It's very annoying.
>>
>>9044242
>snek. SSNEEEEEEEK.
>>
File: 1498703663524.jpg (120KB, 601x806px) Image search: [Google]
1498703663524.jpg
120KB, 601x806px
>>9044263
thanks ben franklin
>>
>>9044255
Correct sir. The shit part is our professors in 1st year did explain that electron flow is opposite to current flow they never fully answered our question why.

I then added 2 and 2 on my own and realized that obviously the negative terminal would have the majority electrons and that they would flow to the positive (scarce in electrons) terminal.

My reasoning as to the opposite current convention would be that a lot of sources use the water analogy to explain current flow. Thus sticking to the notion that the positive terminal has a higher potential, current would flow from high to low potential.

Notice the word "potential". Why would water fall down? Conversion of potential into kinetic energy I suppose. The profs just wanted to make it easy for mechanical brainlets is my guess in the end. It also really doesnt matter as long as the numbers add up.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.