[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Paris agreement doing a good job in fighting against climate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Download.png (10KB, 334x151px) Image search: [Google]
Download.png
10KB, 334x151px
Is the Paris agreement doing a good job in fighting against climate change? I want to know cuz some friends of mine tell me it's useless
>>
>>9043466
No. It's literally just a wealth redistribution scheme.
>>
>>9043477
Why do you think that?
>>
>>9043466
There's no committee in place to enforce the agreement.

>American companies, honest, hardworking
Country signs the agreement, so companies start working toward meeting the standards. Burden on production.

>Chink companies, soulless, shrewd
Country signs the agreement, there's nobody telling them to do anything so they don't change anything. Keep polluting more than most countries in the world together. Country earns a PR boost because they defend a meaningless agreement.

Now tell me, why do you think China defends the agreement so much? Because it's extremely beneficial to them, as both a marketing move and a way to stop any new agreements that may indeed include a regulatory commission. Something that thechinks definitely do not want.

I have nothing against an agreement to reduce emissions, just make it fair for everyone.
>>
>>9043713
Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything.
>>
>>9043698
Taking money from rich countries and giving it to poor people is the only thing it actually does. It's the only part that is actually enforced. Everything else is just suggestions that can be ignored.
>>
>>9043466
It is nothing but Western hand tying and Virtue signalling.
>>
>>9043717
American companies decide to reduce emissions in line with the agreement because of a thing called honor, something that the chinese use to their advantage. There's a reason some companies decided to keep those standards even after Trump pulled out of the agreement.
I have nothing against the Paris Agreement other than the fact that it's beneficial to dishonorable countries because there are no actual regulations in place. My beef is with China, India and the rest of the subhuman nations.
>>
>>9043466
yes it is only useful to some politicians that found out a way to profit with it.
>>
>>9043698
Developed countries are forced to pay what are essentially welfare payments to developing countries because we "got an advantage from the burning of fossil fuels" and they didn't.
>>
>>9043723
But China and India are investing heavily into renewable energy...
>>
>>9043723
>honor

I think fear had something to do with it. People are slowly starting to wake up to the reality that their grandchildren might be dealing with a world that's completely fucked
>>
>>9043742
You have absolutely no idea of how things really are in China.

>>9043746
Caring about future generations is also something that the chinese know nothing about.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.