[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any engineers have any coming out stories they wouldn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: arapawa-island-goat.jpg (26KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
arapawa-island-goat.jpg
26KB, 500x376px
Any engineers have any coming out stories they wouldn't mind sharing?

I am thinking about telling my family tonight at dinner.

They are pretty liberal so I don't think they will mind.

I just don't want to disappoint my father.
>>
>>9041501

kek
>>
>>9041501
Very funny, anon.
>>
very nice goat
>>
>>9041501

>Be me
>Just turned eighteen, recently graduated high school and was accepted to a reasonably prestigious university with a generous financial aid package
>All my friends are going into respectable major programs: mathematics, physics, chemistry, all fields oozing with unapplied purity. Untainted by the constraints of reality, as God intended
>My parents are eagerly waiting for me to decide on a major
>My family comes from a long line of orthodox reductionist
>Father was a pioneer in finding nontrivial isomorphisms between finitely generated abelian groups and Laplace transforms
>Heartily laughing as he proved all engineering is applied Galois theory
>Every Sunday we'd open the Good Book of Very Pure Mathematics, and I'd recall the sermons about remaining pure, about the temptations of brainlets and devilish code monkeys
>But ever since I was in middle school, I remember feeling... Different
>While my siblings devoted themselves to rigorous proofs in number theory, I played in the mud, dirtying myself with linear approximations and applied methods
>I take a deep breath, peering into the kitchen
>Father is sitting at the table: the smile on his face gives it away, he finally proved 10m/s^2 is structurally equivalent to a Hilbert-10 space equipped with the taxicab metric
>Mother is reading the Good Book before starting dinner, enthralled by it's epsilons and deltas
>I walk in, trying my hardest not to shake
>>
File: 1499725655762.png (486KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1499725655762.png
486KB, 720x960px
>>9041778

>"There's our brilliant son! Come, sit down, you won't believe what those brainlet engineers lost this time!"
>He laughs heartily
>My lips quiver and I say nothing, standing in front of the table
>The smile fades from his face. My mother puts down the Book
>I... Mom, dad... I've picked a major
>"Well that's fantastic! What are you going to specialize in? Field theory? Algebraic geometry? Just don't tell me you're going to waste your time as some kind of analyst!"
>Fear grips me and I begin to mumble
>"Well... Not exactly... I've... Declared as an... Electrical engineer"
>The room goes dead silent
>My mother drops the book as my father's eyes widen
>He stands up and looks me in the eye
>"Get out"
>"B-but dad... This is who I am. We engineers do some very difficult and relevant mathematics! There was a thread ab-"
>"OUT"
>Mother is wailing, asking God where she went wrong. She blames herself. Tears well up in my eyes as I slowly back out of the room
>As I take my leave I hear my father consoling her, telling her this sort of thing is genetic and no amount of readings in topology would have fixed me
>I call my boyfriend and ask if I can stay with him for a while, and promise to suck his cock every night in exchange
>>
File: 1500232590297.png (322KB, 2308x1326px) Image search: [Google]
1500232590297.png
322KB, 2308x1326px
>>9041501

Bumping for interest

Le gay engineers meme is quite a kek mine
>>
>>9041501
Tell him you are a train engineer. Driving trains is cool.
>>
>>9041501
My parents knew I was an engineer before I ever came out as an engineer to them.
>>
>>9041782
9/10
>>
>>9041880

Most moms tend to know before their sons even do
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.