[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Spacetime warping was possible as a means of FTL travel, is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: futurama_s02e06_01.jpg (18KB, 401x304px) Image search: [Google]
futurama_s02e06_01.jpg
18KB, 401x304px
If Spacetime warping was possible as a means of FTL travel, is there any hypotheses by reputable scientists of what the speed limit of that would be?
>>
The limit would be time itself
>>
>>9038078
No idea.

As FTL travel means traveling backward in time I guess the limit would be the speed that instantaneously puts you at the beginning of the universe.
>>
>>9038142
You don't really time travel, you just sort of time looky-loo. You could go fast enough to reach a point where you can, say, see the light of yourself at the point you left from, and go even farther and see the light from before you were even there, etc. You can see images of the past but there is no way to interact with them or alter them, and the light that comes from you at that distant point will still take a while to get back to any observer. Sure, you can beat it there, but you still haven't time traveled - another observer might see your light before you left and the you thats here now, but theres still only one you.

Tl;dr you'd never go back to the beginning of the universe. Though you might go far enough fast enough to go beyond the limits of the observable universe and it may appear like a causality issue. But it isnt.
>>
Ah yes this is the thread where people act as if time was an unidimensional line.

TIME IS JUST THE FOURTH DIMENSION OF SPACE. THE UNIVERSE IS A TESSERACT. WHEN YOU REACH THE SPEED OF LIGHT, YOU AREN'T REALLY DISTORTING TIME, YOU JUST START TO MOVE ON THE FOURTH DIMENSION.
>>
>>9038355
MAYBE IF I PUT MY BULLSHIT IN ALL CAPS PEOPLE WILL THINK I'M SMART AND INTERESTING
>>
>>9038078
>If fantasy was real, can scientists say what it would be like?

I'ma say, "No."
>>
>>9038521
I'm gonna say yes actually. To make predictions in the real world we just take the parameters we know and run them through other things we know. This time we just have different starting parameters while we can still make use of everything else.
>>
>>9038185
Hmm... I see, thanks. But then, maybe I would be able to see up to the beginning of the universe or at least until it started to emit light?
>>
the speed of light would be the same assuming the rules of the universe wouldn't change in that scenario, only the technology. I assume it wouldn't be FTL, it would be just creating a shorcut to wherever you wanna go
>>
>>9038078
What's your asking you inane
Limits have no role with in FTL.
Thresholds is a more suitable candidate.
The only feasible way i see FTL happening is by matter match transportation or by segmented hyperbolic shifts,
>>
>>9039528
In theory yes, if you were to travel to the "edge" of the universe and look back at the center. Your method of FTL travel would have to be WAY faster than light though to reach that point
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.