[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello friendos i got caught up in a weird discussion with strangers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: thinking.png (85KB, 388x218px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.png
85KB, 388x218px
Hello friendos
i got caught up in a weird discussion with strangers on the internet.
Basically they are saying and not moving from
>Every single person, no matter how low his IQ, can solve every single problem given to him given enough time

They will not move from this statement, they dont even take it to ridiculous points like "ok give the 50IQ guy 30000 years and he can solve it"
We got there from a discussion that started with something like "everyone can learn everything, they just need to be interested/dedicated/try hard enough/more wishful thinking anime bullshit"

Thoughts?
>>
>>9036343
This is true except for black "people"
>>
>>9036374
>/pol/ falseflagging as someone falseflagging as /pol/
>>
That's just one if things people say to feel good but nobody believes deep down. People make snap judgements of other people's intelligence levels after a couple minutes of conversation or sometimes simply from their facial features alone, and categorize their competence levels from there.
>>
>>9036384
>implying blacks are capable problem solvers

Funny, Africa is still a shithole
>>
I was actually just about to respond to a post in the "in an infinite time could a chimp prove a theorem" thread to ask this.
I don't have anything to add rn, I just hope this doesn't turn into a race iq thread
>>
>>9036419
too late
>>
This is ONLY true if you count randomly thrashing at a keyboard until, just from pure random chance and with no thought involved, they randomly happen to produce a collection of letters that form a sentence which is the correct answer.

There are some things that certain people will simply never be able to understand.
>>
in the same vein, do you think there is an "upper bound" to what a person can learn? if there was, would that then contradict the statement in the OP
>>
After a certain amount of time, wouldn't they get Alzheimer and other mental disorders from extreme age?

>>9036461
The brain doesn't have infinite storage space, so obviously it would run out eventually
>>
>>9036435
This
>>
>>9036343
>what is undecidability?
>>
>>9036343
I would append that to enough time and information, unless you want to count solving the problem by chance.
>>
>>9036435
ironically, neural networks "solve" problems through optimization / regression without actually understanding them, and we call them artificial "intelligence"

really makes you think
>>
>>9036866
define "actually understanding"
>>
>>9036870
my point exactly.
>>
>>9036472
>The brain doesn't have infinite storage space, so obviously it would run out eventually
does it need infinite storage space though?
we can't store all numbers in our brains, yet we know all of them
>>
>>9036343
It is true.
>>
A guy with 5 IQ is asked the question: who are you?
He sits there and asks himself: Who am I?
He never found out.
>>
>>9037038
Your brain doesn't store numbers; it stores standard methods to generate numbers. It's that methodical number generation, not the numbers themselves, that requires you to use your memory.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.