[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about this for a moment? https://www.sbnation.co

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1499587447182.png (157KB, 400x800px) Image search: [Google]
1499587447182.png
157KB, 400x800px
Can we talk about this for a moment?
https://www.sbnation.com/a/17776-football/chapter-1

Its really fucking interesting.
>>
So I guess this is a thing. Artists are so strange.
>>
God damn that was a good story. But it probably belongs in /lit/
>>
File: 1382220448359.jpg (213KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1382220448359.jpg
213KB, 640x480px
there are lot of different ways to behold this game. i like to think of it as a rainbow of failed ideas. some of these terrible ideas collapsed on themselves and disappeared. some of these terrible ideas interacted with each other in any number of different ways. and some of these terrible ideas swallowed other, less terrible ideas whole.
we don't have the details of how, exactly, all of this came to be. there are some things we know, and there are a lot of very safe guesses and projections.
one thing we do know is that this was once an nfl game between the denver broncos and pittsburgh steelers. it almost certainly started in the 21st century, probably the 2080s or 2090s. over the next 15,000 years, the two-team system faded away. outside teams, people, and interests began to interfere in the game, eventually claiming territory.
the game is divided into 58 territories. the broncos and steelers each still have their own territory.
Territory 1 is claimed by the Broncos, who have refused to participate in any of this evolution. their territory remains completely unaltered. the hash marks are freshly painted, and the players still show up every Sunday in helmets and pads. they insist, without any success, that the game return to how it used to be. a wall stands between their territory and their others, though no one remembers for sure who built it.
the Steelers exist, but barely. their territory, which once covered half the field, is now reduced to a single, tiny corner. they would've disappeared from the field entirely were it not for the Broncos, who leveraged whatever political power they had to ensure their opponent was still in the game. there's one Steelers player who still comes back every 500 years or so. they call him the Last Steeler. he just kinda drags a stool out there and sits there for an afternoon and then leaves.
>>
File: edcard.jpg (653KB, 1800x1286px) Image search: [Google]
edcard.jpg
653KB, 1800x1286px
>>9032860
This is starting to get weirdly philosophical.
>>
Cool stuff. Stopped at the Nashville part.
What is the thing that causes the humans to stop dying and shit? Singularity?
>>
>>9035042
It hasn’t been stated.
There are nanobots that stop people from getting hurt, but at this point immortality is still a mystery.
>>
>>9033006
>probably
Lrn2probabilly fgt pls
>>
>>9032860
First chapter reminded me of a short story I read once where a guy's uploaded consciousness was "working" as the operator of a military satellite. He wakes up after a hard reset with barely any memories and finds that he's travelling at near light-speed (the only external thing he can detect is a single star that's insanely blue-shifted). Oh, and he's got a load of backup memories in storage all marked CRAZY DO NOT OPEN.
>>
>>9035373
Source Code film
>>
>>9032860
Can someone explain to me what's happening? Pioneer 9 and football? Wtf!?!? What is this
>>
>>9035432
"oc donutsteel rly makes u think" story
>>
>>9035447
>>9035432
So basically, anon makes an intentionally vague thread to advertise his shitty product?
>>
How long is this thing?
>>
>>9035672
Not very. There's currently twenty parts, but a bunch of them are just short videos.
>>
File: 2w4bUUn.jpg (99KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
2w4bUUn.jpg
99KB, 660x495px
>>9035672
>How long is this thing?
>>9035908
>Not very.
Compared to a real novel, yeah it's "short".
But compared to other stupid shit I'm doing instead of my job?
It's pretty fucking long.
And so far, it's all exposition.
Neat, but I couldn't honestly recommend it to anyone.
Oh, BTW: My wife saw me scrolling through the first page, and she thinks I've caught a "bug".
I assume she means a virus.
I'm kind of lost on why she would think that, besides being an ass in general.
But I suspect _anything_ she hasn't seen on TV is somehow automatically bad.

pic related. It's how the story makes me feel.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.