[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't we find our family members sexually attractive?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 45.jpg (56KB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
45.jpg
56KB, 420x315px
Why don't we find our family members sexually attractive? Is it that our pheromones are the same/similar so it doesn't affect each other? Or is it the kind of bonding we have when we are little kids that prevents our feelings to develop into sexual natured ones with age and grosses us if the idea even comes to our minds? Or is it just morals we are taught growing up, could we feel sexual attraction to a close family member if we never meet them until adulthood and don't know we are related? Would we know something was off, like in Back to the Future, when the mom kisses his son he realises that it feels different?
>>
>>9029759

this might be complete bollocks but

i read somewhere i think (cant remember so not sure if this is really true or reliable) that its like a biological preprogrammed thing in early life from growing up with a sibling. and that siblings that dont grow up together because of their genetics and not having this block have a greater risk of finding eachother attractive so you often do get stories of siblings growing apart, meeting and falling in love (often not even knowing they are siblings)
>>
>>9029759
>Why don't we find our family members sexually attractive?
That is not true at all, remember that incest is a thing. I would say that the majority of us don't feel something sexual when it is about our family because of the "is immoral", it is something social. The places where incest is considered bad is where you are less prone to feel sexual attraction to a family member. There are countries where incest is completely legal.
>>
>>9029802
Interesting.
>>9029814
I see, but peeping on people is also immoral, but if you accidentaly see someone naked without them knowing you can still get aroused whether it's immoral or not. Body reactions don't listen to morals. But let's say if you see your parent or sibling naked, you feel disgusted.

Also, your relationship is scarred forever if you see a sibling/parent in sexual activities. There should be something beyond morals. Even in those countries, I bet it's more incest between cousins etc, instead of parent/sibling. Rare cases where that also happens is expected, though. But those are anomalies.
>>
>>9029802
This is also what I heard -- growing up with a person close to your age triggers a mode in your brain that that person is Not For Fucking. This is an adaptation to avoid incest, which is evolutionary unfavorable. People who grow up separate from their siblings frequently ARE attracted to them.

Of course, this mechanism is not perfect, and exceptions do apply.
>>
The legality of incest has no bearing on the social nature of incest and it's consequences. Incest has been and still is the one thing which is taboo in every society, from developed nations to even our primal ancestors. Including animals alive today, sex and attraction simply doesn't occur naturally most if the time. This sort of ubiquitous social nature in organisms leads one to conclude biological factors must be at hand, for societal rules do not translate across cultured and especially species. Otherwise, it would be interesting to note every species has a societal undertaking of discouraging incest.
>>
>>9029814
t.abdul
>>
>>9029878
not ancient Egypt
>>
I had a childhood friend. We were born one month apart. Our mothers were also close friends and we lived in the same building. We were together everyday until the age of 12, like siblings. But we ''experimented'' and inspected each others different body parts starting from age 7-8. It was a curiosity thing, it never got sexual but I never had any urge to do stuff like that with my siblings or ever felt curious. They were more like a pet that I loved dearly to me. lol
>>
>>9029886
This was areply to >>9029871
>>
>>9029881
You're referring to monarchy and other incestual based relationships in cultures highly distinct in their ways. Consider their reasoning for doing so, similar to kings and queens. It's been largely attributed to the mindset of bloodlines. The purity of a bloodline was determined by where your ancestors come from, and so if you had a pure bloodline, one unmarred by any "unwantables", you must keep it that way. The definition of what makes one unwantables is subjective, such as anyone who isn't of the same immediate ancestry, or even just distant ancestry. Regardless, it was an active effort to do so and has not been reproducible in animals not so predisposed to their own intentions.
>>
>>9029759
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westermarck_effect

It has nothing to do with blood relation actually, it's all about whether you grew up with each other. Totally psychological.
>>
>>9029944
Even in the article you linked it explains the original study this effect was coined from was determined to be unsuitable evidence, as most of the members of the peer group reported high levels of attraction, even if they didn't marry.

What's interesting to note though is one study has shown people tend to find faces which look similar to their own or their parents. So it's most likely a societal/cultural thing
>>
>>9029959
Faces similar as more attractive*
>>
NOBODY POINT OUT THE CUNT HAS A HAIRY ASS ARM IN OP
>>
>>9029878
Arguably its legality is a product of social taboo which grew out of our metacognitive understandings of the feelings we have about it which are due to this biologial cause. Its just that because we are intelligent, we have pretty much, to say, "put it on paper".
>>
>>9029906
>>9029906
I guess was to keep inherited property, wealth and power in a single family
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.