[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else here fell for the STEM meme? I wish I studied history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2040.png (40KB, 645x552px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2040.png
40KB, 645x552px
Who else here fell for the STEM meme? I wish I studied history or something gay like that instead of engineering.
>>
>fell for the engineering meme
>now thinks all of STEM is a meme
>>
I fell for the engineering meme. I was promised high pay, lots of jobs, lots of math, instead I got an over saturated market and managing people instead. So after I payed of all my student loans I quit, went back to study pure math, and now im a farmer. and a lot happier than I was as an engineer.
>>
>>9029624
>instead I got an over saturated market and managing people instead
Damn, exactly what I expect. Now I am even more motivated to become an engineer. (Not a sarcasm, btw.)
>>
>>9028141
>not doing both and getting a holistic liberal arts degree
>>
>>9028145
STEM doesn't warranty a "good job" any longer.

https://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/2015/article/stem-crisis-or-stem-surplus-yes-and-yes.htm

It seems that mixing STEM and humanities are the best combination:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/richard-v-hurley/even-better-than-stem_b_3755737.html
>>
>>9028141
That's what you get for choosing something for the wrong reasons.
>>
I just regret studying computer science, the meme degree. I'd rather have studied economics.
>>
>>9030377
I get some people like managing people, but why are you motivated about the market being oversaturated?
>>
>>9028141
That's not the STEM meme that's the engineering meme. Engineers are retards that think they're smart because they know how to do a derivative and use WD-40 correctly.
>>
Why are you even on this board, loser?
>>
>>9028141
>I wish I studied history or something gay like that instead of engineering
>Implying engineering isn't gay too
>>
>>9028141
I can tell you are new because engineering was gay on this board since the beginning.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.