[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: head_home_2.jpg (66KB, 960x305px) Image search: [Google]
head_home_2.jpg
66KB, 960x305px
I have a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering. I'm about to start in a new job (2nd one in my life so far), the salary is good the company's name will be great reference in the future, I can learn a lot here -- BUT
I'm so terrified. I didn't think they would hire me. I am a fresh graduate really, I have worked only 1 year since getting my diploma.

Hell I didn't even match with the expectations of the job's description.

They just thought that the work I had been doing for that shallow 1 year, is like super useful for what is ought to be done in this position. I used to be a technical inspector on elevators (most of the time, it is just writing down the missing "directions of use" tables, and requires almost no higher education).

At this new job, I'm about to create safety concepts of servo steering systems, perform safety analyses, and validate the results.
I know shit about this..... I have already accepted the job. What do?
>>
I suppose you'll get some training first
>>
>>9026676
I hope too. The company is ThyssenKrupp Presta, only here in Hungary they have a pool of 600 engineers, so I suppose there are quite a lot of trainings. It's just that I don't hit the basic qualifications of the job, which were the follows:

M.Sc. in mechatronics/electrical engineering

Reliable software and hardware knowledge

Good command of English both verbal and written

Experience in development of embedded system

Experience in safety related project

Knowledge of safety analysis methods
Except for english, I don't have shit for this
>>
>>9026709
I suggest that you go on libgen right now and start reading on those topics then.
>>
>>9026670
Another option is to stay around for a week or two and see if you can manage. If you can't I believe that talking to a senior engineer about your lack of qualifications and seeing if they can arrange something for you is better than getting fired.
>>
>>9026670
I'm in the same position dude, I've just got a job with a shit load of responsibility, based upon what I've done at uni. I'm scared I'm going to flop, but it'll set me up for life if I don't.
>>
Why dont you have masters?
>>
>>9026709
A lot of companies overstate the minimum qualifications. I'm not sure why they do this, but it's very common practice, and I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't have something to do with limiting the hire's ability to negotiate a competitive salary. I think you'll be fine. It's also easier and cheaper to train college graduates than it is to find an engineer who's actually qualified.
>>
>>9026818
that gives some confidence, thanks
>>
>>9026670
Don't worry OP, the more experience you get in the workforce the more you'll realize how little the "required knowledge" matters. As long as you're willing to learn and work hard, you'll get the training and help you'll need from coworkers. If you fuck up a couple of times, learn from those mistakes and keep it moving.
>>
>>9026927
Thanks, that is new info
>>
>>9026913
I am planning to do one, it's just that I have had enough of learning for now (after a continuous 16 years of education....)

But right now I'm 23, so even if I had started the masters asap, it would be my 2nd semester now, and wouldn't have gotten even to the interview of this job. So I guess it's not worth it sometimes
>>
>>9026670
try your best.
>>
>>9026709
>mechatronics
>intothetrash.jpeg
>>
>>9028191
Why?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.