[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why am I so stupid? I'm taking Intro to Computer Science

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1299967838716.png (16KB, 599x521px) Image search: [Google]
1299967838716.png
16KB, 599x521px
Why am I so stupid? I'm taking Intro to Computer Science and Calculus I this summer and I'm losing it. I'm about to give up.

How do you do it /sci/? I want to succeed.
>>
lmao just study more
or stop being so stupid

actually get friends and get a sutdy group going
that might work
>>
just breathe, relax, write a list of everything that you don't understand and slowly make your way down the list
>>
you should know that in Uni everyone feels stupid, it's just about hardwork, you have to double your efforts
>>
File: 1499365544712.png (267KB, 444x500px) Image search: [Google]
1499365544712.png
267KB, 444x500px
>>9021611
Don't wait until the day before
>>
switch majors. it only gets harder after that
>>
Even Descartes had trouble with math at some point.
Gotta believe that if you keep working you'll get there.
>>
>>9021611
What's your why?
>>
>>9021611
Finally a thread I'm an expert in! Being a failure!

My credientials: Doing EE (yes, engineering! not even math or physics!) for 5 years, and still not getting a 3 year BSc, got at least one more year to go, probably two!

Anyhow, long story short, if you're serious about wanting to give up and you've only just started - give up, you don't have what it takes.

If you want to graduate, study more. Every day! 5 to 8 hours, until you are comfortable with the matter. When that happens, you'll want to continue studying 5 to 8 hours every day, or it's gonna become easy to you so you'll do it even if you don't want to.

Discipline, discipline and discipline. I had none for first two years, I've only woken up after two and a half. Now I'm paying the price, and it's horrible. Don't make the same mistake I did. Give up on time, or wake up on time, but choose today and act accordingly.
>>
A college degree is a signal to employers that you can do difficult mental work under pressure.

People who cannot do this work, either because of laziness or stupidity, are SUPPOSED to be filtered out by universities.

You are simply a casualty of that filtering process. There's nothing unusual about people failing at a hard task they were overconfident about to begin with. Take heart. There are plenty of other jobs for people of your modest abilities.
>>
What exactly is troubling you from those courses? Is it the amount of work you need to do or are the concepts running past you? I recommend watching youtube lectures so you can see a potentially different/better approach from another professor. If you are struggling, practice. Compsci intro is mainly just applying logic to rules you learn. If you seriously cannot structure your programs off the top of your head then make flowcharts. What language is the class teaching?
>>
>>9022913
Not wanting to snatch OP's thread, but just one question. What do you figure an employer will think when he reads in my CV that I started EE back in 2012, and got BSc after 6 or 7 years? Will I ever make it to the face to face interview where I can make up some bullshit for not doing it in 3 years?
>>
>>9022869
>trouble with math
What does this even mean?
You get introduced to a new topic.
You spend hours learning it, sometimes days, weeks.
You move on to something else.

That's not having "trouble", that's learning.

Takes hours and hours to master a video game or instrument, only contrast is math doesnt award you every 10 minutes with explosions, "new high scores" or groovy bass lines.
>>
study calculus for like 4 hours a week and you should do fine. I'm a brainlet and managed.
>>
Btw if I want to self teach myself math, does anyone have a stepping stone of topics I need to follow?

The wiki says single variable calculus > linear algebra and multivariable calculus > differential equations but what about after that?
>>
Anyone here have non meme adhd and doing engineering? Skimming by in integral calculus and could go for some success stories
>>
>>9022924
No one really cares about that. If you get your degree you get it. If they ask say you wanted to take more elective courses or something.
>>
>>9022956
Thanks mate, hope you're right.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.