[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone explain what the computer simulation theory is all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1464012218010.png (635KB, 756x715px) Image search: [Google]
1464012218010.png
635KB, 756x715px
Can anyone explain what the computer simulation theory is all about? Like, what does it mean to me, as an average Joe? Will I wake up into an advanced civilization when I die? If I ask please, will the people running the simulation let me run the simulation again, but as a rich ass playboy? Seriously. Please explain how it works exactly.
>>
>>9020240
No. Just no.
>>
>>9020258
Elaborate. I'm listening.
>>
>>9020240
it's about nothing
unfalsifiable nonsense
you can tell someone's retarded instantly when they talk seriously about this
>>
>>9020286
>you can tell someone's retarded instantly when they talk seriously about this
Mmm...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KK_kzrJPS8
>>
>>9020240
Maybe we are all just little sims. We are all just little pieces of code running around living. Sometimes suffering. Like a very advanced AI simulation. Like The Sims game.

Maybe the people running the code will keep your data intact and re-use you. Or more than likely, you (and me) are just part of a giant statistical horde that goes unnoticed as an individual.

Or maybe. You are running the simulation, and you are inside it, and when your time here is over, you will wake up back there. And you will laugh and joke with your friends about what your experience was like. Or maybe back there it is something we can't imagine here at all.

It is impossible to know.

But yeah, I really wish I could keep all my memories, and have a second chance to do better. For myself, for those around me, the whole traditional picket fence routine. I believe in the worth of that now, and understand it. I had no one to show me here.

I don't think it would be any good if I didn't remember all my mistakes the first time.

Here's to us, who hope for a second chance with better opportunities, better starting stats, and better starting gold :)
>>
>>9020311
>I really wish I could keep all my memories, and have a second chance to do better
>I don't think it would be any good if I didn't remember all my mistakes the first time.
>Here's to us, who hope for a second chance with better opportunities, better starting stats, and better starting gold :)
See image. I also entertain the idea of being given a second chance, with "better starting stats" and "more starting gold", because this life screwed up big time. However, the lack of any humans in all of history who recall having previous lives suggests this is unfortunately impossible.
>>
>>9020240
dude, like, what if, the matrix, man.... whoa
>>
File: iktfb.jpg (19KB, 620x576px) Image search: [Google]
iktfb.jpg
19KB, 620x576px
>>9020315
Forgot image, fuck.
>>
>>9020320
Let's hope that this was our first run, and that this whole thing is the starter level, and that's why nobody has any previous memories.

So HEY!

If there's anyone out there, up there, somewhere, who can give us that second chance at a better run, we'd really appreciate it. Truly.

Thanks.
>>
>>9020240
Eat shit animeposter, this is a frogposting board.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.