[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My mother believes in quantum healing so how do I use science

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

My mother believes in quantum healing so how do I use science to make her realize that QH is a pseudoscience?
>>
>>9018697
If she believes that garbage then she wont consider science to be more valid at explaining things. She's hopeless, just get a new one.
>>
Did you ask her why she believes that shit?
>>
>>9018697
What is it that make it pseudo-science?

According to quantum mechanics, there is a non-zero probability that you at this very moment could tunnel out into space and find yourself on the surface of Mars. So why not healing?
>>
>>9018697
Tell her that deepak chopra himself has admitted the "quantum" has nothing to do with quantum physics. Tell her he said it means "biology", and as a result it should be obvious he has no idea what he's talking about and is just using buzzwords.
It won't convince her btw, because people aren't convinced by argumentative people telling them they're being stupid. They're convinced by sympathetic views, and a levelheaded rejection of what they're asserting in favour of more evidence-based arguments. Push her gently.
>>
File: 1495730884079.jpg (46KB, 559x641px) Image search: [Google]
1495730884079.jpg
46KB, 559x641px
>>9018710
You need to leave.
>>
Women in general tend to be very spiritual, even if you convince her that it's bullshit she will simply start believing in something else. Let her be, that's my advise.
>>
File: boss-skeptical-stern-ss-1920.jpg (170KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
boss-skeptical-stern-ss-1920.jpg
170KB, 1920x1080px
>tfw mom believes in acupuncture and "qi wind energy" or some shit
>>
File: fregg.jpg (22KB, 446x362px) Image search: [Google]
fregg.jpg
22KB, 446x362px
>mom believes in colloidal silver, water memory and homeopathy in general, reiki, big food conspiracy theories and several other alternative medicine methods
>>
>>9018697
Haven't read the book. I assume it says something like, there is a quantum field which regulates or otherwise affects biological activity.

Well tough shit skeptics, it looks like there is.

https://phys.org/news/2014-01-quantum-mechanics-efficiency-photosynthesis.html
>>
>>9019203
>quantum physics occur at molecular level
No shit.
>>
>>9019221
Think. Just once. Try really hard to think about what this means.
>>
>>9019227
That you're gullible and naive?
>>
>>9018697
What does it say
>>
>>9018697
Tell her that it can't work because the NSA is observing her all the time.
>>
>>9019358

Bwahahahahaha
>disproving Indian autism with Copenhagen autism
>>
File: Placebo_Effect.jpg (36KB, 600x394px) Image search: [Google]
Placebo_Effect.jpg
36KB, 600x394px
>>9018697
weirdly, if she believes it will work, it might actually be doing some good.
>>
>>9018710
Actually, interactions with surrounding matter and radiation mean that the positional probability distributions for the particles comprising you are pretty well-localised in terms of human scales.

For there to be a functionally non-zero chance of you suddenly appearing in Mars orbit, you'd have to be cooled to near enough absolute zero.
>>
>>9019239
That you're a fuckwit who likes to display their ignorance in public.

Unequivocal proof of quantum effects *on living systems* you stupid fat retard.
>>
>>9019911
I, nor anyone else here challenges the notion that the laws of quantum mechanics can be observed on a molecular level, or that life is evolutionarily optimized to fit the quantum rules of nature in that regard. So we are on the same line. What are you going to extrapolate from this remarkable observation?
>>
Putting the word "quantum" before something doesn't make it scientific
>>
i think she means that healing is quantized. i.e we all have defined HP values
>>
>>9018697
Facts don't work as well as you think... Her "facts" are not winning you over.
http://bigthink.com/think-tank/the-backfire-effect-why-facts-dont-win-arguments
>>
>>9021272
reminder to archive all clickbait links
http://archive.is/Yz2Z5
>>
File: 1490539704199.jpg (77KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
1490539704199.jpg
77KB, 768x960px
>tfw mom think blacks are genetically equal to whites in regards to intelligence.
>>
>>9021282
>those beaverteeth
get this hideous creature off my screen
>>
File: 1490465750744.jpg (115KB, 736x1102px) Image search: [Google]
1490465750744.jpg
115KB, 736x1102px
>>9021284
t. rejected by cute asian
>>
>>9018752
>be me
>get acupuncture regularly because I get off on a qt pushing needles on me
>I still don't know what it's actually meant to do
>>
>>9019203
I don't think so. The guy uses "quantum" as a synonym for "biological" when he talks about it in interviews.
>>
>mom believes in chiropractors
>>
>>9018710
For the same reason that no one has tunneled into space?
>>
>>9019358
I like this
>>
>>9020023
kek
>>
>>9019022
>mfw she tells to move out right fter you finish bachelor's and "be independent", because she wants "live her life"
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.