[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys play Kerbal Space Program? https://www.youtube.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: lo6tdrd[1].jpg (242KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lo6tdrd[1].jpg
242KB, 1920x1080px
Do you guys play Kerbal Space Program?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogC6ds81gek
>>
It's a fun introduction to rocket science but the physics are rudimentary at best, and mods can only do so much. Even with the game creaking and struggling under the weight of gigabytes worth of realism enhancing mods, it still can only operate on the very, VERY dumbed down patched conics model of newtonian motion
>>
yes, b u m p
>>
Only ever played the demo at a LAN party where we all tried to see who could get to the moon first.

The pricetag for the full game is a tad steep.
>>
>>9018577
>KSP
It's fun to mess around with occasionally.
I guess it might make a good introduction to design and problem solving for young people.
I don't understand where all the anger and shitposting comes from.
>>
File: WellMemedSquad.webm (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
WellMemedSquad.webm
1MB, 1600x900px
>>
File: JapaneseKSP.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
JapaneseKSP.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>9018721
Just need to learn how to play
>>
>>9018577
I used to, I remember really, really liking the game but for some reason I stopped and never played after that.

I stopped playing right before they added reentry heating as a standard feature I believe.

The physics is a bit of a joke at times, but overall it is pretty good though I understand that the actually methods of control and navigation are really dumbed down.

I had the most fun while exploring the vastness of space, and taking in the awe of it's massiveness.
>>
>>9018577
No. But i really want to tho
>>
>>9018577
Yes, it's one of my favorites.
I recently started a new game on 1.2.2 with unmanned before manned, remotetech, outer planets mod, and about 50 other mods.
So far I've landed a probe on the Mun and have a badly thought out communication system.
>>
>>9018577
Vanilla gameplay is boring as fuck.
But I like to install fuckton of mods for better graphics, more interesting and balanced parts, mining, satelites with cameras etc and start some interesting mission like orbital fuel station with moon mine+refinery for refilling.
This game has as much potential as many gameplay-breaking bugs it has. It's still kind of enjoyable though.
>>
>>9018606
You could switch from patched conics to something more realistic without a huge performance loss. The only reason why KSP hasn't done this is because it'd take work.
>>
>>9018606
There is principia, you know.
>>
>>9018577
>>>>>/v/
>>
>>9018577
>drama: the game
It was good in the past with lots of mods. They went downhill fast after 1.0. Space Engine is another galaxy for exploration, KSP is entertaining because of lots of possibilities, being though a POS kept together with duct tape.
>muh structs to work don't need a rebuild of the entire system
>>
>>9018980
>make buggy game
>blame the players
Mexican """""developers"""""
>>
File: 1499294140172.jpg (35KB, 500x565px) Image search: [Google]
1499294140172.jpg
35KB, 500x565px
>>9019177
KSP is forbidden there and on /vg/ due to the general for it collapsing into a shitposting singularity that almost destroyed /vg/
The snakes and cat dick bestiality spam cost many a thread before it was defeated
>>
>2017
>patched conics

Some people seriously think it's a performance issue, and not a dev laziness issue.
>>
>>9018980
>Mecha tengu let's fly!
>>
>>9018577
Yes - I bought the full version for $27 a year or two ago. Much more fun. Landed probes on Mun, Minmus, Duna, Eve, Eve's moon, landed and recovered Kerbals fromMun and Minmus, and burned up a probe in Jool. Did you find the Easter egg on the Mun?
>>
vanilla KSP is babby mode, true KSP is playing with RSS and RP-0.
>>
>>9021760

it's both. look at principia: it's ~500k lines of code, years in development and still has tons of bugs in each release and saps performance.
>>
>>9021604
This pokes at my interest, i have a strange enjoyment in watching things go to shit. Mind giving a quick rundown to humor an old autist?
>>
>>9021604
exactly, it should be forbidden here too.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.