[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>starting college this fall, gonna study physics >doing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1431187128678.jpg (76KB, 397x640px) Image search: [Google]
1431187128678.jpg
76KB, 397x640px
>starting college this fall, gonna study physics
>doing an online college course in quantum mechanics for physicists, just out of interest
>first class - understand absolutely nothing, decide to quit
>admit instead for a course in quantum mechanics for engineers
>???
>profit

I'm already halfway done and I understand everything. Is this why /sci/ says engineers are dumb?
>>
>>9015764
I don't know, I've never taken any engineering classes. What's the difference between the two?
>>
>>9015764
>Starting your physics career in quantum mechanics
You might as well try to teach a baby to read using Shakespeare
>>
>>9015811
I thought this too. Why the fuck isn't the OP starting with classical mechanics in some general physics course.
>>
>>9015825
why waste your time on classical mechanics, you didn't cover that in high school?
>>
You have no business trying to learn quantum mechanics unless you understand the dynamics of a top. the latter is more difficult anyways
>>
>>9015772
for starters, axioms that were introduced in the first lecture in the physics course were only introduced after about 13 lectures in the engineers class. Also, in the engineers class they don't prove most things math related and just hand them out as facts.

>>9015811
>>9015825
>>9015850
I already did some courses in classical mechanics, special relativity, waves and electromagnetism. Gonna start analytical mechanics too.
>>
>>9015883
Well what I meant by the dynamics of the top was euler angles and rigid body mechanics and such things you usually learn in an analytical mechanics course. quantum mechanics has become so important to students of physics and chemistry that it is commonly offered at varying levels of rigor. however to be a theorist, you cant cut corners. you cannot fully understand quantum spin without even knowing for regular objects
>>
>>9015956
>you cannot fully understand quantum spin without even knowing for regular objects
But the two are completely unrelated.
>>
>>9015825
Cos OP is literally a brainlet. He simply wants attention. That's why he has made this post.

He however is not intelligent enough to realise that we realise why he actually made this post (the need for attention) and thus feels that he is deceptively achieving his goals.

It's like when you watch a kid lie to you while you know he's lying but humor him anyway.
>>
>>9015977
Not true at all, what the fuck?
>>
>>9016042
>Not true at all
Are you for real? You think classical spin and quantum spin are related? They have an isomorphic Lie algebra, that's it.
>>
>>9015764
>wants to study physics
>starts with quantum mechanics
It means you don't really like physics. You just like the pop sci shit they shovelled down your throat.
Just tell me how the fuck were you expecting to learn quantum mechanics without calculus and classical mechanics.
>>
>>9015831
Wew. Nice fucking b8.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.