[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could piolet wave theory bring back a clockwork universe, restoring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1384.gif (886KB, 615x346px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1384.gif
886KB, 615x346px
Could piolet wave theory bring back a clockwork universe, restoring perfect predictability to the quantum world?
>>
>>9014904
What does swallowing Americium-241 do to you?
>>
>>9014904
No.
>B..but it's deterministic
Right, but it's a hidden variables theory. So there are some variables that are hidden from us. Meaning that would only ever be able to use it to make probabilistic predictions.
>>
>>9014919

>to use it to make probabilistic predictions.

How is that different from the alternative?
>>
Are you people blind?
>>
>>9014922
What do you mean?
>>
>>9014922

it is just a contrived re-interpretation of quantum mechanics so it is not supposed to be fundamentally different from the alternatives

afaik it currently fails to even match all predictions of QM so I wouldnt hold my breath, nature being local and probabilistic is very well established and it would take a big breakthrough to challenge this view, something pilot wave theory lacks
>>
>>9014904
Why is the pilot wave only there if you're not observing it?

Like in the double slit experiment, if you observe the particles going through the slits then no interference patter will occur. This actually makes me really mad because it makes no FUCKING SENSE. It doesn't make any sense.

Furthermore, if you are arguing that a presence of a detector makes the electron turn shy, then why does the detector screen on the wall not collapse the wave function? If you put a detector right AFTER one of the slits, the wave still collapses. But if you place a screen on the back, that somehow does not count at measuring?

What if you took the screen and kept inching it closer and closer to the slits. And what point does QM say "Nope, that's too close to the slits, Imma collapse my wave function now"

Quantum mechanics is folly.
>>
>>9014932
>Quantum mechanics is folly.
Ur a folly.
>>
>>9014930
>nature being probabilistic is very well established

Randomness has never, EVER been shown to exist. Just because you roll the dice and the outcome looks random to you doesn't mean it is actually random.

The fact that you said something so silly and illogical is a scientific established fact just screams "NOBODY LISTEN TO ME I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT"
>>
>>9014953
>More hidden variables
Literally unprovable.
>>
>>9014904
it technically could, but it would be a contextual theory, so what's the point? I'd rather have a probabilistic non-contextual theory over a theory that's realistic and deterministic but is completely contextual. It just makes no sense.
>>
>>9014971
Explain.
>>
>>9014953

it has definitely been established that either nature is probabilistic OR there must be faster than light information transfer

FTL is banned by general relativity and thus trying to construct a deterministic theory requires throwing out almost all of physics and starting over

good luck with that
>>
>>9014987
Ok I just threw it all out. Did you really think I wouldent do it? Get fucked kid
>>
>>9014987
This is so fucking wrong I can't even begin to correct it. I'll just say that nature being "probabilistic" would entail superluminal causal influences, and that there is nothing in SPECIAL relativity that necessarily precludes speeds that are "born" superluminal, as opposed to sub-c speeds surmounting the speed of light
>>
>>9014987
>FTL is banned by general relativity
Imagine being so inflexible that you can't consider frameworks that go against what some kike said half a century ago.
>>
Personally I think there does have to be some predictability to it. Saying that there can be extreme causes that are still probable is retarded to me. For me to believe in complete probabilistic systems I'd have to observe something like a large amount of energy from a star being shot of in a single particle. If things like position were probabilistic with no actual constraints on their probability, every atom would radioactive to some degree.
>>
>>9014987
>it has definitely been established that either nature is probabilistic OR there must be faster than light information transfer
Not true at all. Many-worlds is both deterministic and local.
>>
>the universe can't be random because it makes me uncomfortable

cucks
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.