[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Goddamn i feel small. http://joshworth.com/dev/pixelspace /

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: tw5e2ad[1].jpg (913KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
tw5e2ad[1].jpg
913KB, 1600x1600px
Goddamn i feel small.

http://joshworth.com/dev/pixelspace/pixelspace_solarsystem.html

What is the point anymore?
>>
>>9014219
There is not point, your just a random yet measurable clump of compressed energy that is spiraling through a poorly defined amount of "space".

But if you really need some motivation to get out of bed, then give yourself meaning. Trick yourself with motivation and purpose. Then maybe you can provide us with some sort of answer.
>>
>>9014219
I remember reading somewhere about black holes so large (like that pictured) that would actually be completely fine to fly through.

Like, you could fly into the event horizon and be completely fine.

Does this sound correct?
>>
>>9014240
What it means is just that the gravity gradient wouldn't tear you to shreds. You'd still be trapped, obviously, and your body would still be broken down to its base elements by the sheer amount of radiation coming off the accretion disk.
>>
>>9014240

Does not sound correct. Gravity would be so strong that you would be a crushed into a bloody, paper thin mess, long before you got close to the event horizon.
>>
>>9014262
Spaghettification is not caused by the strength of gravity but rather the gradient in gravity. In a stellar mass black hole, it is so compact that the gradient is strong enough to rip objects to pieces. Supermassive black holes don't do that because their gravity is so insanely strong that they pull on entire galaxies, and the strength of that gravity just gradually intensifies as you approach.
>>
>>9014219
>Goddamn i feel small.
You think that's big, check this out
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hercules%E2%80%93Corona_Borealis_Great_Wall

>What is the point anymore?
You know, doing things you like doing, shitposting, there's really a lot of things you can do, people like hopping on the reddit and meme train with the whole "nothing matters cause the universe is so large and it doesn't care about me" and blah, blah, blah, kinda pathetic if you ask me. Look, you like any music, listen to that, like some food, eat that shit, have any hobbies or a job you might want to do, work towards that, life has the meaning you assign to it.
>>
>>9014240
>you could fly into the event horizon and be completely fine.
I wonder what that would look like (if you looked up)
>>
>>9014302
incomprehensibly distorted as light gets bent in to the event horizon from all directions
>>
>>9014219
"If people looked at the stars each night, I'd bet that they'd live considerably more different -- once you look into infinity, you get a good sense of how small things really are." Our sun. Our home planet, Earth. You. People often look at these elements of the universe, and somehow it makes them feel insignificant. I wish people would consider this life thing to be more valuable. More valuable than the time which limits its experience. We know so little of the universe, but one thing is certain - it is undeniably beautiful. Isn't the ability to just experience this more profound than the black hole at the center of our own galaxy? More profound than the largest galaxy in the universe? More profound than the cosmos itself? We are all beautiful arrangements of dust and gas, occupying space and time, making choices, falling in love, reading, writing, thinking, stealing, murdering, hurting. With beauty, something must be ugly. For without ugliness, the beautiful parts of life would become dull. Unenthralling. And that, in itself, is beautiful in its own way. A strange, but beautiful way. I would never try to do something ugly to this planet or anyone trying to experience life, but ugliness is necessary to make something beautiful. We may need to remember that from time to time. To encourage us to not dwell on the little things. To truly admire ourselves, our insignificance, and our significance.
>>
You're a big hole
>>
To stop suffering. Stop being a beta cuck and go make a difference. You could be improving your small slice, or someone else' small slice, but you're complaining. Hefty redpill.
>>
I guess a hippopotamus is more important than a person because it's bigger.

Fucking retards. God I hate this board.
>>
>>9014219
sun <---> saturn = saturn <---> uranus

damn that's empty
>>
>>9014249

aka Surface tides

http://xaonon.dyndns.org/hawking/
>>
File: Black hole.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Black hole.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>9014302
It's pretty simple and I'm surprised you can't figure it out yourself. As you fly into an event horizon, you see an increasingly large, circular area of absolute black in front of you, while light from the sides of the circle becomes distorted. At just below the event horizon, all you would see is a small cone of light from directly above you. It's the only source of light that isn't being bent away from you.
>>
>>9014219
If the only thing giving you purpose was that you thought you were 'big' then you are a fucking loser.
>>
>>9014863
Why no light coming in at an angle, distorted away from points outside you?
>>
File: IMG_1768.jpg (286KB, 500x2025px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1768.jpg
286KB, 500x2025px
>>9014219
Nice pic. Should rename it
>WhyEvenLiveAnymore.jpeg
>>
>>9014863
There should be some blue shifting going on here.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.