[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>“Underneath every brown eye is a blue eye,” said Gregg

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 765868.png (26KB, 527x331px) Image search: [Google]
765868.png
26KB, 527x331px
>“Underneath every brown eye is a blue eye,” said Gregg Homer, the inventor of the first noninvasive cosmetic surgery that transforms brown eyes to blue by low-energy laser.

but that's not true at all. This is getting funded?
>>
Ummm racist much?
>>
Thought that this was why all babies have bloo eyes. Cause the pigment isn't there yet. Don't some animals have the same thing?
>>
>>9012825
There isn't just some single cell layer of brown covering a blue eye. This is a scam. That's not how eye color is determined.
>>
>>9012831
There is, it's called stroma lol just like the company
Everyone has a blue eye but if your eye is darker what happens is that the stroma also contains pigment. I assume the laser will somehow remove that pigment, no idea how. But yeah you're wrong.
>>
>>9012846
Yes, and you can't use a laser on it to change your eye color.
>>
>>9012859
are you just saying that, or do you actually know you can't?
>>
>>9012859
Well apparently you can. How do you know the pigment doesn't react to the laser? Maybe the wavelength dissolves the pigment or something without damaging the eye. Nobody said anything about changing the eye to an arbitrary color, only to blue so it's safe to assume that the laser can get rid of the pigment but not modify it in any way to change colors other than blue.
I'm thinking either the laser evaporates the pigment or it melts it, perhaps the eye has a mechanism for getting rid of the waste byproduct.
>>
>>9012846
Not him but I read that the melanocytes responsible for eye color are constantly producing pigment, so even if they did pew-pew your pigment granules they would come back eventually. Unless you modify your genes or also destroy the melanocytes(maybe those regenerate to, like most cells in the body), I don't think you could permanently give yourself blue eyes
>>
>>9012868
So perhaps it zaps the melanocytes? If they are constantly producing pigment that kind of proves my idea that the old or destroyed pigment gets discarded by itself. If the laser burns the melanocytes they may not be able to regrow at all, or maybe it needs several applications of the laser like with laser shaving.
>>
File: 12355_5947_2212.jpg (67KB, 306x335px) Image search: [Google]
12355_5947_2212.jpg
67KB, 306x335px
>>9012863
You cannot use a laser on your stroma and magically change your eye color. Eye color is determined by genetic data completely unrelated to the physiology of your eye. This is why this project has been going on for years. saying it's being released any time now every year, yet zero images exist and nobody wants to fund it because any expert can tell you how idiotic it would be to put a laser to a layer of your iris stroma to "change your eye color". anyone that funds this has no idea how it works, because it doesn't. Your eye color is produced via scattering of light on your stroma which light vs dark eyes have completely different patterns that you can't just "use a laser" on Your melanocytes are not the only factor.

Reading into their tests, they haven't even tried this on full eyes yet, just 1/8th slits, yet they say it's being released every year for the last 5 years as if they HAVE tested it and know it works. It's a scam.
>>
>>9012882
well i appreciate the honest answer, it's probably another, what was her name, that chick with the fake blood tests? ooh yea Theranos
>>
>>9012882
>completely unrelated to the physiology of your eye
>eye color
>unrelated to the physiology of the eye
so magic causes it? dumb fuck
>>
>>9012891
>>9012891
No, your genetic code does, and trying to burn and scar your stroma isn't going to give you blue eyes. Your body will simply try to repair it, probably partially failing, and then you'd have eye problems for the rest of your life. have fun with that instead of being okay with your eye color of all things you shallow low self-esteem twat.
>>
>>9012897
I don't think anyone here was interested in doing it, but in trying to understand the process. You sound angry for some reason
>>
>>9012897
Well you can remove melanin pigmentation with a laser, so it's not such a magical idea that it could be done in the eye.

But I do think this could be a scam based on what a previous post said showing that either stroma is bs or failed project that won't die.

Also risking possible side effects like macular degeneration (more likely in people with blue eyes), or whatever risks the surgery has itself just for blue eyes is silly. And i cant imagine it would be anywhere near as popular or profitable as other cosmetic surgerys.

Also you can just get blue eye contact lenses and not be a moron
>>
>>9012891
Blue eyes are blue for literally the same exact reason the sky is blue.
>>
>>9012904
>You sound angry for some reason
[spoiler]because i want OP to be wrong so i can have blue eyes fuck off[/spoiler]
>>
File: 00.jpg (77KB, 432x618px) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
77KB, 432x618px
Any pale skinned spic can now become part of the aryan """masterrace""". How does it feel you stupid racist cucks?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.