[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Rudin such a meme on this board? It's not even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: rudin.jpg (33KB, 354x499px) Image search: [Google]
rudin.jpg
33KB, 354x499px
Why is Rudin such a meme on this board? It's not even a good textbook.
>>
>>9012243

What do you consider a better textbook? Tao? Pugh?
>>
>>9012243
What are better Alternatives for the Apostol & Rudin memes?
>>
>>9012256
abbott is less dry
>>
No, its the best textbook of the subject. A must have.
>>
File: abbott.jpg (10KB, 267x400px) Image search: [Google]
abbott.jpg
10KB, 267x400px
>>9012258
I'll check out.
>>
>>9012243
>on this board
c'mon you may be right but rudin is the normiest of the normiest memes, assuming a math student can be called a normie
>>
File: CompAnal1.jpg (49KB, 364x424px) Image search: [Google]
CompAnal1.jpg
49KB, 364x424px
>>9012243
How About Barry Simon Comprehensive Course on Analysis?
Or Stein&Shakarchi Princeton Lectures in Analysis?

They look more advanced & for Graduate Students. Are also they useful (must-read) for undergrads?
>>
>>9012278
They're amazing books, totally usable for senior undergrads
>>
>>9012256
>Apostol
>meme

Honestly Spivak is the meme.
>>
>>9012258
Eh. Depends on your definition of dry. It's definitely less dry than Rudin. He actually motivates the mathematics. But the tone is still academic.
>>
>>9012243
>Rudin such a meme
Lrn2meme fgt pls
>>
Have a look at Analysis I-III by H. Amann & J. Escher it is my favourite one. I also liked Analysis by L. Schwartz. Analysis by Zorich is considered to be good as well. Rudin is an outdated meme
>>
You're only the 400th person to say this and I will disagree everytime. Is very comprehensive for its length and has good exercises. Who cares about the prose, its a textbook not young adult fiction, you should get used to it
>>
>>9012256
lay seems pretty gentle.

if youre self studying, multiple texts of varying coverage and difficulty are always advisable.
>>
>>9012243
>Why is OP such a faggot on this board?
shillposter, or shitposter?
>>
>>9012243
I learned from Rudin. It's a great textbook.
>>
How difficult is it to self tech yourself with book in OP pic? Also what is the prerequisite knowledge required?
>>
>>9012278

cant find any torrents

:/
>>
File: boss-skeptical-stern-ss-1920.jpg (170KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
boss-skeptical-stern-ss-1920.jpg
170KB, 1920x1080px
>>9012278
How much does Barry pay you to post this everyday shill?
>>
>>9014977
You can find them on lib gen
>>9014989
They really are good books
>>
File: book-theft-book-piracy-o.jpg (70KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
book-theft-book-piracy-o.jpg
70KB, 500x375px
>>9014989
>How much does Barry pay you to post this everyday shill?

Zero. & I pay Internet bills for post here.

I'm not a shill because I downloaded a PDF PIRATE book from Libgen.

Simon should be angry If he knew that most of his readers download a PIRATE pdf version of His books,

instead of buying a Physical Version of the Book.
>>
>>9012243
Which one is best for selfstudy?
>>
>>9015038

>instead of buying a Physical Version of the Book

With good reason, its expensive as fuck.
>>
>>9012243
Do you know the /ic/ related "read Loomis" meme?

its the same shit here
>>
>>9012255
>tao
it's just one big "left as an exercise". If the textbook doesn't tell you shit and you're supposed to figure out everything on your own then what's the purpose of that book?
>>
>>9015667
>If the textbook doesn't tell you shit and you're supposed to figure out everything on your own then what's the purpose of that book?
brainlet, you learn by doing
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.