[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /lit/ here. We all know we only access 10 percent of our

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Hey /lit/ here. We all know we only access 10 percent of our brain, so what can make me access all of it? Additionally, I mostly use my right brain and I bet /sci/ uses their left brain (which is more rational and logical of course), so how do I get access to my left brain better?

Thanks in advance
>>
Bump, good question.
>>
>>9011724>>9011724
I want to tell you truthfully and kindly that the "we only access 10% of our brain" idea is just a meme, with no basis in science.
>>
>>9011724
Go back to /lit/ or even better, go to /x/. This is an actual scientific board.
>>
>>9011742
Elaboration?
>>
>>9011765
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_percent_of_the_brain_myth
>>
>>9011724
http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/10percent.asp

Dont accept something just because someone said it was true. Google it, do some research.
>>
>>9011747
I thought you guys would be knowledgable on this I couldn't find a satisfying answer when reading Freud or Lacan
>>
>>9011724
http://www.oecd.org/edu/ceri/neuromyth6.htm

Left right brain stuff is also and has always been utter and complete garbage. Again dont believe something just because it was told to you. Do research..
>>
>>9011747
>go to /x/
>implying /x/ doesn't suck now and the true paranormal types haven't moved on (in more ways than one)
>>
>>9011777
At least google things first and read a few articles. And that goes for all of life, not just posting on this board.

I mean do you believe in the teachings of L Ron Hubbard because he said they were true? Sometimes it isnt as rationally obious as this, so do some research first.
>>
File: 1491459761369.jpg (120KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1491459761369.jpg
120KB, 720x720px
>>9011724
hahah swell bait dude, just consume fish oils for bit and meditate and youre good to go
>>
>>9011777
>I couldn't find a satisfying answer when reading Freud or Lacan
Of course not.
You're asking a question about neurology, mot psychology.
You might as well ask van Gogh about the chemical composition of paint.

BTW: I only turn on 10% of the lights in my house at a time, what can make me turn them all on?
>>
>>9011798
>At least google things first and read a few articles
How reliable is this? Anyone can be making these articles but people like Slavoj Zizek and Freud are known experts
Should I look for a site with psychoanalytic articles and search in there instead?
>>
>>9011856
You're not looking for psychology or psychoanalysis, you're looking for neuroscience. Also please don't ever mention Shitzek and Fraud on /sci/ again
>>
This is the most obvious bait I've seen. Actual /lit/ here. We may be arrogant brainlets, but we're not this autistic. Delete this thread.
>>
>>9011856
>>9011856
zizek isnt even close to any scientists discussed on sci. the guy is entertaining but hes like maybe 2 cuts above alt right youtubers like peterson and lolynew.

do you really think zizek is in the same league as euler? he is a brainlet and no amount of interpretation of Hegel will remedy that.
>>
>>9011856
Fair enough. And by all means this is not an end all be all. But you should only really be trusting sites that give references, then check them for yourself. If it doesnt have references or thw links are dead, dont believe it until you find legitimate evidence it does.

Snopes and wiki are a good place to start, but be weary because refernces may be dead links. And if they are then take the info with a grain of salt and keep searching.

Blogs are 99% bull, single page websites are 100% bull, anyrhing written in a clickbait tone is almost always bull, sites without references in general can be true but dont trust them on their plain word. Only trust references.

Even then if you get linked to a paper and you can understand a word about the research or findings then google the authors and find out if they are respected in their field or of they make blantantly wrong claims elsewhere.

And again all this is just a start, but the best advice is to not accept anything unless youre provided with evidence that in some way convinces you beyond someone simply saying it is so.

And for the record i found both the above links by simply typing in "left right brain evidence" and "10 % brain evidence". Keep your google searches as neutral as possible.

Another tip is try to read articles from both sides. So type "10% brain is true" and compare with "10% brain false". Which sounds more respectable, logocal, clear and complete in evidence and argumentation etc.

Find some good texts on critical thinking as well. Study up on logical fallacies etc.

This is a superb place to start:
Philosophy.hku.hk/think/
>>
>>9011724
Using 10% of your brain is like using 10% of your car. You just never use 100% at one time. You can't use second gear and reverse at the same time. But you do use all of it driving from A to B eventually.
Even not so smart people use all of it within 24 hours. They just don't have a big variety of memory (aka knowledge ).
Smart people have a big variety, so are better capable of using more memory to see the broader pictures.
Knowledge is memory. When you read about more topics, you get smarter. When you talk about more situations , you get familiar with more topics.
It's that simple. Broaden your mind. And you will get more intelligent.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.