[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So when biological immorality and age extension is possible people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: manlets.jpg (156KB, 898x618px) Image search: [Google]
manlets.jpg
156KB, 898x618px
So when biological immorality and age extension is possible people will flock to do the process at a highly inflated price. Many people will probably opt to take large loans to be able to afford the costly procedure, thus leaving to large-scale debt inflation like we see in education now without the benefits of an educated workforce that education gives.

How will financial regulators stop this? will this lead to any far reaching implications on the economy?
>>
>How will this be stopped

Put down laws and invest political capital or be replaced someone who will.

Of course systems are already in place for that if you dont live a shithole called US
>>
are you kidding? they WANT you to take out huge loans so they can criminalize you. Debt is guaranteed work, then you just get to give them whichever work you need done. They NEED the cash now.
>>
>>9006875
And what if thet just pull a china?
>>
>>9006862
But age extension will be most successful at a young age, that's when people do not have the capital to properly undergo the process, which is why student loans exist in the first place.

I really doubt lobbyists will allow financial institutions and the genetic companies themselves to forgo that profit
>>
You can make yourself immortal, but you have to take out a $1 billion loan with 2.7% interest. You have unlimited time to pay it off. If you don't make any payments though, your life is immediately terminated. Would you do it?

Note that, with rising inflation, you would eventually be able to pay it off. It would potentially take thousands of years though.
>>
>>9007121
I wouldn't mind doing it, but immediate termination sounds stupid considering if you don't pay you get jail time which could be used to pay the state for the labor and the people you go to for the treatments in your immortality.

>>9006806
>So when biological immorality and age extension is possible people will flock to do the process at a highly inflated price.
I can't really say. A lot of older people might (Mid-40s to 80s if its possible for them) compared to younger people.

>Take out loans to afford the procedure.
That is the game plan from the start.

Anyways. With a large pool of older people now being physically young and active you're going to see birthrates drop, SS for people who aren't going to get the treatments, a lot more competition for young people to catch up with the 30 year vet in a field/job and they look/act like they are in their 20s.
>>
>>9007178
I really doubt early age extension will be able to reverse accumulated mutations
>>
>>9006806

indentured servitude.
>"you can be biologicall immortal, but you'll work for us for the next 30 years."
>>
>>9006875
>Debt is guaranteed work
Good news for the unemployed.

One problem: a huge fraction of current occupations will go the way of the dodo with bots and AIs taking over.
>>
biological immortality is highly improbably. organic chemistry is not stable enough. you would need to be constantly treating your self to repair what ever is going wrong currently.

the biggest problem is preventing loss of bones, teeth, etc. things that just don't grow back ever, once you have fully grown initially.
>>
>>9007520
all of those things can already be regrown or be given as synthetic implants

the biggest problem is the brain and how aging affects it
>>
>>9006806
Are you retarded. If those people cant pay back, financial institutions wont lend them money, because theyd lose it.

Unless the govt steps in and does something fishy like guaranteeing financial institutions that the govt will pay them back if people start defaulting.

You should want less govt intervention, not more. Govt regulation fucks things up.
>>
File: 2008.jpg (99KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
2008.jpg
99KB, 1600x1066px
>financial institutions wont lend them money, because theyd lose it.
>>
>>9007598
You missed the part where i said something about the govt intervening.

If they believe they are going to be bailed out, obviously they won't act in the same way.
>>
>>9006806
>immorality
COYOTE = Call Off Your Old Tired Ethics
>>
>>9006806
>So when biological immorality
But dude, biological immorality is already possible.

You are biological. The next time you behaved immoral you've commited biological immorality.
>>
>>9007121
Of course I would do it.

You never know how politics and economics change and how much growth, technological or otherwise there will be. Thousands of years now will eventually become hundreds of years.

it's worth a gamble
>>
>>9007552
If I remember correctly they found umbilical cord blood can help the brain, of course they did it on mice.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.