[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /sci/, I have a very specific question. Is it possible to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: BSPK1i1.jpg (46KB, 432x600px) Image search: [Google]
BSPK1i1.jpg
46KB, 432x600px
Hey /sci/, I have a very specific question. Is it possible to make an internal combustion engine that meets all of the following?

>2-stroke
>naturally aspirated
>carbureted (no fuel injection, electrical or mechanical)
>crankcase scavenged
>multiple cylinders sharing the same crankcase
>>
you just described me buddy
>>
>>9004912
Why? Internal combustion engines are absolutely science related.
>>
>>9004879
Yea it's called a fucking lawn mower
>>
Maybe but mileage would be off the radar
>>
>>9005039
Thanks. I'm more interested in designing one in Solidworks and machining it just as an exercise in engine design.

The reason I'm asking is that I'd think if you have multiple pistons moving up and down independently, sharing the same crankcase, you don't get a simple compression like you do with one piston.
>>
>>9005035
I will post a video of me eating my entire hat if you can show me a lawnmower engine that fits all of those criteria.
>>
>>9004879
The maker of that meme is an idiot.
Chappaquiddick was Ted, not John.
>>
>>9005971
it's probably in reference to the brains and her going onto the trunk. though the though of Ted getting off to going off bridges is pretty good too.

>>9004879
some two stroke gasoline fill the top 4 criteria. why would you want to run a common crankcase on a crankcase scavenged motor? your reasoning >>9005094
here is correct.
>>
>>9005999
!! I'll confess, I didn't think of the brains bit.
Never occurred to me as sexy.
>>
>>9005999
why would you want to run a common crankcase on a crankcase scavenged motor?

Because manufacturing some form of forced induction gets a lot more complex than suck squeeze bang blow.
>>
>>9004879
>carbureted
back to the Twentieth Century, faggot
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.