[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When it comes to Diet & Exercise, what should i do in order

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: health.png (68KB, 873x1493px) Image search: [Google]
health.png
68KB, 873x1493px
When it comes to Diet & Exercise, what should i do in order to be healthy as possible?
>>
>>9003624
Diet then exercise, gains are made in the kitchen.
>>
>>9003625
Yeah, but what diet should i choose? Is there any criterium?
>>
>>9003626
I'd go for a macro diet, not any of the meme ones like paleo or ketosis. I'd start with macros 40/40/20.
>>
>>9003630
40% Protein
40% Carbs
20% Fats
Ok, what about calories? How many?
>>
>>9003632
Calculate your TDM and subtract 500 to lose, 500 to gain. Also make sure if you're bulking to reduce protein and cutting to build up the protein
>>
do you really believe someone can just give you a tl;dr on diet and exercise? bruvvvv it's like "saying what should i do in order to solve an integral?"

read a book on each topic, all i can do is suggest sports nutrition by nancy clark, starting strength by mark rippetoe (do not follow his nutritional advice, ever, but his training methodology is fantastic) and daniels' running formula by jack daniels (follow one of his general fitness plans)
>>
>>9003637
You don't make gains by sitting on your ass reading books bucko.
>>
>>9003637
I want to add that these books were written by proven trainers and professionals. Jack Daniels is an Olympian with a college degree who trains Olympians and professionals and Nancy Clark is a registered dietician (not a nutritionist which is a bullshit profession) who works with pro athletes.

Rippetoe is different, I don't think he's ever trained pro athletes, but his progression is based on decades of experience and it's been proven to be the most efficient for beginners. He also has another book that you could read about programming.
Also, please don't google "starting strength" as a way to avoid reading the book if you want to follow this plan. Starting Strength is not a routine, it's a way to program your training, and like most things, the information you can find online has been watered down so much that I wouldn't call it "information" anymore.
>>
>>9003637
I just want to be healthy, do i really have to read these books?
>>
>>9003649
Go back to /fit/ bro, pseudoscience, jerking off to pictures of half naked men and telling people to read "the sticky" as if a few paragraphs written a bunch of amateurs could be of any use. The only thing /fit/ is kinda good for is for info on steroids, and reddit is a million times better for that (still worse than reading a book like Anabolic Steroids)
>>
>>9003659
Whatever nerd. At least my women aren't machine washable
>>
>>9003653
You don't need to read them from cover to cover, just the sections that are useful. You could spend one evening going over the books, and you'll get more out of them than what you'd get a month on the internet. All of them can be downloaded for free from genlib too
>>
>>9003651
What editions of the books should i read?
>>
>>9003665
I checked out the books, the advice is generic af
>>
>for fatties
Gotta strike a balance between starving yourself and keeping your metabolism going. Sprints are great for metabolism. Just do one good one per day. Alternatively jump as high as you can and suck your legs up. Repeat until dead.

But here's the real secret and I did this without exercise and got super skinny. There's no hard and fast rule but the concept is never eating so much that you won't be hungry again in less than an hour. It doesn't really matter what you eat but say you eat 70 calories. You'll be hungry again in about a half hour. Wait another half hour. Then eat something else about 70 calories.

So throughout the day you eat about 1100 calories. Then at the end of the day you eat something a little more substantial, like 400 calories.

With this method you should lose about 1 pound a week if not more. It may not seem like much but unless you're superfat you'll be skinny as fuck pretty quick. Losing weight is not a short term goal, but it's not long term either. I lost like 50 pounds one year just by paying attention to how I was eating
>>
>>9003675
i read the latest but there's not a lot of difference between them
>>
As far as casual exercise goes, yoga is one of the best. Sure, you won't develop or build muscle, but it will keep you limber, help you avoid posturial issues, and give you a sense of well being. Do it a couple times a week and maybe do some stretches every morning or every night and you will remain at least baseline physically healthy.

If you have unlimited amount of time, consider tons of different things like running, swimming, most sorts of team sports, weightlifting, dancing, rock climbing, and/or martial arts. Whatever floats your boat. Anything is better than nothing. And often times trying out new things for fun is the best way to go.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.