[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to learn cryptography. What's the best source

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1484343047345604377.jpg (4KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1484343047345604377.jpg
4KB, 200x200px
I want to learn cryptography.
What's the best source of knowledge about it?
>>
>>9001914
also interested
>>
>>9001914
Library obviously. Look at MIT curricullum, their crypto is very good.
>>
>>9001914
I made threads about Crytography many times, but no one reply

looks like no one knows about it in here
>>
>>9001914
I would assume you need

>basic math
>strong knowledge of log and exp functions
ie now just knowing how to solve them which is easy but having a strong and intuitive feel for them, since they are so important to estimating an algorithm's speed
>discrete math
series, recursion and shit
>basic CS knowledge
>CS data structures
>CS algorithms

I seriously doubt you can learn cryptography without a solid base in both discrete mathematics and computer science. After that you'll have enough experience to know what to study next.
>>
>>9001914

First off this dude >>9002166 is fucking clueless.

If you want to do proper cryptography you need:

a) Number theory. Fuckloads of number theory.
b) Algebra: Groups, Rings, ...
c) Some finite probability theory
d) Being able to program
>>
>>9002213
You're a petulant asshole.
I simply mentioned the bare minimum, and I don't see how you proved me wrong. "Being able to program" means an introduction, data structures and algorithms. Those things are non negotiable, you cannot "be able to program" without that. Algorithms requires discrete math, for which calc 1 is usually a prerequisite in most universities.

The only thing OP can learn from your list without previous knowledge is algebra, and only superficially so. Your post is useless to someone without any knowledge.

I would also add an intro to proofs book now that I think about it.
>>
Cryptography probably has the highest number of intersecting fields out of any applied mathematics.
>>
>>9001914
http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki/Computer_Science_and_Engineering#Computer_Security_and_Cryptography
>>
>>9002224
shut up jew
>>
>>9002746
fuck off back to >>>/pol/
>>
>>9001914
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1119096723/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_dp_T2_UcivzbF5AFWT8

Sort of the best/first text on the subject. Highly recommend it. It's outdated but that almost makes it easier to learn as the ciphers are old.
>>
>>9002758
joke's on you im from /b/.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.