[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I failed linear algebra twice now, it's not even that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1491281058327.jpg (157KB, 631x607px) Image search: [Google]
1491281058327.jpg
157KB, 631x607px
So I failed linear algebra twice now, it's not even that difficult to understand but i keep performing terrible on the tests. Which Linear Algebra book do i read so i can finally ace it next semester?
>>
File: ddddddd.jpg (30KB, 320x331px) Image search: [Google]
ddddddd.jpg
30KB, 320x331px
anyone got that "/sci/ book guide" picture?
>>
what specifically? the theory or computational side
>>
>>8998069
Sounds like you need a meme list.
>>
>>8998115
the syllabus of the course is kind of like this:

matrices and determinants (inverse, matrix operations, etc)
system of linear equations
algebraic structures and real vectorial spaces
(groups, rings, fields, basis, etc)
linear transformations

half of the material are proofs and the other half applied exercises
>>
>>8998122
im partial to book recs from places likes this i guess. I found this one online and i might go with it if i don't get any recs
>>
>>8998139
I studied "Elementary linear algebra" by Stephen Andrilli & David Hecker in my first year, but I don't recall whether it included groups and rings.
>>
>failing linear algebra
Tell me how it feels to a brainlet
>>
>>8998069
failing a class even once is a sign that you should transfer to an easier major.
>>
>>8998131
is this an intro class? what is your major?
>>
>>8998173
whatever im already more than half way through the program
>>8998180
cs
>>8998155
was it good
>>
>>8998131
And with which part do you really struggle? I had that exact same plant except that we weren't introduced to groups/rings/fields in that class. We had intro to algebraic structures two semesters before linear algebra. It is kinda brutal to force all of that when you should be focusing on vector spaces, but to understand vector spaces you do need to know what groups and fields are. Seems like whoever designed your general plan for mathematics was shit at it.
>>
>>8998173

It depends, did you fail because you suck or because you didn't try hard enough?

I failed calc II my first time through because literally ever class up until calc II I got A's with minimal or no homework (usually just cheating, copying, whatever to just get it done for the sake of being done and the points).

But I realized that tactic wasn't going to work anymore and learned how to study, filed for that D to be removed from my record and got my EE undergrad with a 3.8
Now I've finished my first year of grad school and have a 4.0, can't guarantee I'll be able to keep that 4.0 through next year but it's a start.
>>
>>8998189
The main problem is that i had to take the class with the same teacher twice and going to class with him is just a total waste of time (shared sentiment among some other classmates).

I think I struggle with proofs the most
>>
>proofing-based linear algebra
>not mentioning based Axler or Hoffman-Kunze
>>
>>8998210
Pick one of the following: How to Prove It by Velleman, or Book of Proof. Combine that with Axler's linear algebra and you should be prepared.
>>
>>8998216
bless your kindness
>>
>>8998069
Artin Algebra
Kostrikin, or Kostrikin and Manin
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.