[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wouldn't a manned super sonic ramjet propulsion aircraft,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1445825756744.png (276KB, 424x412px) Image search: [Google]
1445825756744.png
276KB, 424x412px
Wouldn't a manned super sonic ramjet propulsion aircraft, that uses a propeller power plant to rise to high altitude - subsonic obviously - then activate the ram jet and dive to super sonic speeds to help overcome wave drag to level super sonic flight, be really fucking cool?
>>
>>8997817
yeah.
>>
>>8997817
Then again, a nuclear thermal thrust turbine would be more cost effective, yes?
>>
>>8997817
This is partially proof that the earth is flat. If the round-earthers were right, then if the Hyper-Sonic aircraft flew in a straight line it would fly into space. The only way these kinds of aircraft can exist at those speeds is if the world is flat.
>>
>>8999207

Your brain is flat.
>>
>>8997817
What's a wave drag?
>>
>>8999207
>escape velocity is 5 km/sec
>5 km/sec is subsonic
Kill yourself
>>
>>8999245
Wave drag is a phenomena encountered by aircraft in transonic flight (near supersonic), where the amount of air experience by the aircraft increases dramatically due to shock waves on the body and wings of the aircraft. Until engineers understood this phenomena, super sonic flight wasn't possible as aircraft approaching mach 1 encountered a sudden increase in drag and unstable flight characteristics.

However, once an aircraft is able to exceed mach 1 and enter supersonic flight, the increased drag due to wave drag diminishes greatly but is still greater than subsonic flight. This problem was solved in the late 40s with the "equal area rule", which tries to keep the cross-sectional area of the aircraft continous throughout the lenght of the aircraft.
>>
>>8999205
That's too dangerous.
>>
test
>>
>>8997817
Fuck no.
>>
>>8997817
So what? An SR71 with a helicopter duct taped to it? The propeller blades would have to fold away to avoid being ripped apart at supersonic speeds, but i digress. You made this thread to try to show how smart you are by using fancy aviation terminology. What are you trying to prove, and to who? Are you that insecure of your intelligence that you need to impress strangers on the internet with your vocabulary to feel validated?
>>
>>8999939
Nah, it's one of those idea I thought of that isn't remotely practical, but I would imagine to be cool. Kinda like the German ramjet powered helicopter. Total fucking bullshit, but imagine flying one.
>>
>>8999939
The blades could just feather, but would still produce drag. More likely the prop would be jettisoned.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.