[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you're on a plane that's about to crash and you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: plane jump.jpg (117KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
plane jump.jpg
117KB, 1280x720px
If you're on a plane that's about to crash and you jump from the door 10 meters or within the threshold distance of jumping without dying, would you die?
>>
>>8997283
If you are travelling at 200km/h down and jump up at 5km/h you are still going down at 195km/h
>>
>>
>>8997286
If only the people in that tower in London had seen this they might have survived
>>
>>8997283
OP I used to think that if an elevator cable snapped and you were falling that if you just jumped a second before the elevator hit the floor you would survive unscathed. My parents couldn't explain to me why this didn't work but I can tell you why it doesn't work. It's because when you're in a falling elevator you become suspended in the air because the elevator floor falls faster than gravity can pull you down, so you cant jump.
>>
>>8997337
But that's wrong. If your thighs were powerful enough and you used the handrails to hold yourself in contact with the floor on the way down, you could jump hard enough to survive.
>>
>>8997285
if the plane was going down at 5km/h and you jumped up at 5km/h would you levitate?
>>
>>8997283
whats the angle and speed of the decent?
>>
>>8997383
Temporarily, yes. In the same way that a rock "hovers" temporarily when you toss it in the air.
>>
It would be extremely painful to say the least
>>
>>8997283
I'd still rather land in the water without a plane than in it, I think my chances of survival then would be greater
>>
File: facepalm_estatua.jpg (115KB, 914x607px) Image search: [Google]
facepalm_estatua.jpg
115KB, 914x607px
>>8997283
>within the threshold distance of jumping without dying, would you die?
>>
>>8997664
hey brainlet, hitting a body of water from high speeds is the same as hitting a cement floot
>>
>>8997337
the best way to survive an elevator fall is trying to lie flat on the floor, which is easier said than done as you explained
>>
>>8997283
you're still moving, you don't stop as soon as you exit the plane. YOu could reduce it, by jumping up but it would be so tiny and being inside, strapped in, etc. Would give you a better chance of survival because the plane would absorb a lot of the impact and the safety peripherals will help too. The challenge would be getting out without drowning but if you simple jumped out you'd just break a lot of bones on impact - not that you wouldn't inside the plane anyways..
>>
>>8997283
>looney tunes physics
>>
>>8997684
if I take an hydrodynamic position I will decelerate slower but over larger distance and time
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.