[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is creativity domain dependent? How do you know if you're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: z2tJcEk.jpg (1MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
z2tJcEk.jpg
1MB, 3024x4032px
Is creativity domain dependent? How do you know if you're creative, and can it be improved if your lacking?

Or is creativity just an intuition gained from experience?
>>
I think when you know nothing about a subject, you're more creative because you believe anything, in the realm of said subject, anything can be possible because you simply don't know any better. You have 100% creativity but as you know nothing about the subject it's useless creativity.

As you learn more about a subject you learn you learn more about what's possible and what's not possible. You're able to use and express creative ideas you once had, and discard many because they are impossible.

Once you've mastered a subject, you stop seeing it in terms of what could be, and purely in terms of what is. Mastering a subject gives you tunnel vision preventing you from seeing unlimited creative possibilities.

So IMO creativity isn't something learned from experience, but rather lost through experience. However, the tunnel vision created from mastery and experience is a matter of perspective. If you change your way of looking at things, if you're willing to admit, even after mastering a subject, that you don't know all there is to know about it, and continue to seek what is possible, then that in essence is creativity. IMO
>>
im pulling this out of my ass, but none of the abstracted "functions" your brain can perform rely on a single chemical, or even a single (big leap)neurotransmitter system
>>
>>8997088
creativity is nothing more than a synthesis of previous experiences. its mundane, and only interesting in context, rather than hard sciences which are general.
>>
>>8997430
this
too many memes and romanticism about it
>>
>>8997430
then how does a child know to put the red sphere in the red hole when they likely have no previous experience sorting things
>>
>>8997430
By that definition, how can you then create something *new*? creativity is by definition about going beyond what we already have, be it in science or art.

And post modernism does not count.
>>
>>8997468
They don't.
Even a little experience with machine learning really puts childhood development into perspective

They don't know anything. They don't know -to- do anything. Past experiences also include seeing other people do things. Monkey see, monkey do. My 1 year old nephew loves pushing the cart at the grocery store because he saw everyone else do it.
They also have boundless curiosity when they can sense and reason about something new. A different sound, a different hinge, a different button (toys covered in buttons are difficult for infants to reason about).

So when they're playing with their blocks, they might find the idea of throwing an object inside another object to be interesting. So they throw a ball inside of a box. If they see that toy where square and star shaped pegs have to go into their respective holes, they aren't going to be able to figure it out what to do with it without significant prior experience.

Matching a color to a color both requires abstract reasoning and actual will. Like it or not, matching a color to a color is not interesting and you would be hard pressed trying to get an infant to do it.
>>
>>8997591
I forgot to mention, they aren't going to figure out to throw a ball inside of a box without seeing you do it first. Everything afterwards is simply a matter of connecting the dots.
>>
>>8997430
>>8997199
>>8997591
What sources do you base this stuff on anons? Hope it is not pulled out of the ass.
>>
>>8997632
pulled out of your mothers ass, actually
>>
>>8997599
>they aren't going to figure out to throw a ball inside of a box without seeing you do it first
>anon's nephew confirmed for turbo brainlet
>>
>>8997430
einstein says creativity is more important. and einstein was nothing more than mundane scientist only interesting in context
>>
File: ted.png (687KB, 510x531px) Image search: [Google]
ted.png
687KB, 510x531px
>>8997632
i agree with this anon >>8997199
i remember watching a ted talk when i was 16 about a graphic designer who had to put some stickers in a lift. she said she had to limit what she knew about lifts because it made her more creative.
>>
>>8997725
>seeing you take toys out of a box
>seeing you put toys back in the box
>>
>>8997877
Is that picture the evidence of the creative super powers of that graphic designer??
>>
>>8997430
(You)
>>
File: angery.jpg (41KB, 220x261px) Image search: [Google]
angery.jpg
41KB, 220x261px
>>8997430
I truly hate you, it really sucks that you dismiss creativity. I'm a fairly good chemist, but I do not have a creative bone in my body. Every time I listen to music, I wish I could write even below average music and join a band.
>>
>>8997088
I don't really care! I just wanted to say that I fucking love that picture!
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.