[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Geologist or another fake stem major are bragging to everyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0360.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0360.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
A Geologist or another fake stem major are bragging to everyone around how being a STEM major is so hard. You must explain to them how geology is not legit. Wyd /sci/ ??
>>
>>8993853
I don't, because I'm not an engineer.
>>
>>8993853
I ask OP why geology is not legitimate.
I also ignore the immense probability that OP believes in an earth that is flat and 6000 years old.
>>
>>8993870
Engineering majors love to degrade people because their major only has a 4% job success rate
>>
>>8993910
>not citing your sources on a science board
>>
>>8993853
I have a geologist friend, it's legit as fuck. Stop being butthurt OP.
>>
>>8993853
You don't, No one cares and that's kinda rood
>>
Lets be honest. Pure Math is the only hard STEM major.
>>
>>8995179
>only
Difficulty is relative, and people have an easier time doing different things. Of course most people are gonna struggle with math, but I'm sure you struggle with something many others consider to be easy. I think this board overestimates math's ability to determine intelligence and really just math in general.
>>
>>8993853
Geology is realistically the only STEM degree that has actually has a chance of making 6 figure starting due to demand from oil companies.
>>
>>8995188
i think you mean petroleum engineering but some geologists have fucking awesome jobs
they fly over an area with a helicopter, tell the company where the Jew gold is buried and then take the rest of the year off
>>
>>8995190
>i think you mean petroleum engineering
Market glut, you'd be lucky to get anything.
>>
>>8993853
I'm a civil engineer who specializes in geotechnical. I deal with geologists regularly. They may be good at classifying soils but they cant do anything anyone will pay for with that information. Also they don't do anything I can't do. Also I get more money. They are bitter because they know they are useless.
>>
>>8995790
>classifying soils
This is needed for agriculture dude
>>
Which geology/earth science related career to pursue? Which path has the best chances in the future?
>>
>>8995809
its also needed for determining the materials properties of soils for the purposes of structural foundations designs. The fact that soil is a non-homogeneous, non-isotropic medium is what makes site specific subsurface investigations required for all construction. Its an interesting niche in the larger field of civil engineering.
>>
File: geo vs geophys.png (750KB, 800x626px) Image search: [Google]
geo vs geophys.png
750KB, 800x626px
you're just pissy that you'll never get to lick any interesting rocks :^)
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.