[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>degree in pure math >couldn't find job >got master's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: ms-appliedmath-300x200.jpg (30KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
ms-appliedmath-300x200.jpg
30KB, 300x200px
>degree in pure math
>couldn't find job
>got master's in applied math
>now making $120k/yr
ah, so that's what they meant.
>>
File: activates my almonds.png (13KB, 439x461px) Image search: [Google]
activates my almonds.png
13KB, 439x461px
>>8993465
>He didn't know that masters/phd is where the $$$$ is
lmao
>>
>>8993465
you were probably too bad for pure maths and had to settle for the typical wage cuck lifestyle
>>
>>8993565
>six figures
>wage cuck
lol are you poor and trying to justify it?
>>
>>8993605
>he thinks money made is what makes a wagecuck
The man who gets paid 200k for 80hr stresswork weeks is a much bigger cuck than the dude getting paid 30k for 10hr of work a week with his stocks
>>
>>8993614
thats still shit, I have a farm and work 5h a week, making 30k. spending the rest of my time on math. currently in my last year of a pure math degree im doing for fun. its really great to be able to do what you like without having to worry about being employable

when I was young everyone told me
>study hard
>get a good degree
>youll get a good job with great pay
and I fell for the STEM meme, i became an engineer, started working had to do 40h weeks for 35k because it was literally the only job I could find within 100 miles (lots of people I studied with didnt get any jobs in their first 2 years and ended up stocking shelves and shit). I decided fuck that shit, started farming and now im making many times more per hour doing something I actually could have done right out of high school.
>>
>>8993614
>getting paid 30k for 10hr of work a week with his stocks
yeah right
>>
>>8993614
so you are poor and trying to justify it
>>
>>8994105
What kinda farming are you doing? Five hours a week seems rather preposterous. Unless, you did something like plant a million garlic and just let it fuck off til it's grown. How did you go from 35k to that? Land is expensive, and generally there are rules regarding regulations and required facilities. I'd love to get out of being a wage cuck. It really sucks you in and impoverishes you. My cars keep breaking down cuz I can't afford good ones so I keep being stuck in this shithole town working for way less than 35k. At this rate I will have been swallowed whole never managing to even have a working vehicle. It's literally been years goddamnit. Been through half a dozen cars already. Fuck!
>>
File: Applied Math.png (6KB, 516x138px) Image search: [Google]
Applied Math.png
6KB, 516x138px
>>8993465

You'll never be as famous as Halmos
>>
>>8994551
the land is by far where most of my money goes, I pulled the 5h out of my ass, it depends on the time of year. ima small scale farmer, only about 50ha corn, 300 sheep and 1000 chickens. in an average day i get up around 7, open the sheep (gathering them at night is optional, but you lose a bit less due to foxes), make sure the sheep and chickens have water and food. takes about 30 minutes. Then at 5pm I check everything and gather up the sheep again, uusaly its fast since they return by themselves, but sometimes they are spread all over the place and I have to get them all about 2km from where they sleep. also takes about 30 minutes.

Thats all I do for 2/3s of the year, other things are
>once/month check all the sheep (3h of work)
>onece/month slaughter chickens and prepare for new ones (I hire people, but takes me about 1-2h of delegation and QC)
>about 4 times a year do something with the corn (plant, pesticides, harvest...) takes a lot of time, like a week of solid work each

You can start with very low capital if you are thrifty. I started with really shit equipment, but it works. I was looking at some new equipment lst week and its about 100k for the tractor and planter I need and another 100k for some other equipment. 3 years ago I got a small brokedown tractor for $5k and spent a month fixing it, got 2 old 40 year old corn planters for $500 each, because they guy said its scrap metal, but I combined them with some parts from a scrap yard and built a small 2 row planter for basically nothing. its slow as fuck, takes me about a week of working 18h a day to plant everything where a new one would be able to do it in less than a day, but for starting out with low capital it was perfect. My chicken coops are complete custom built, not at all like the commercial ones which cost about 20x more, but they work, although I get about 2x more deaths due to insufficient ventilation and heat control. Im replacing these DIY jobs with real equipment as I get money
>>
>>8995554
Theoretically I should be able to replace all the equipment with proper ones, and also grow everything till my lands max capacity in about 3 more years. Then I should get about $100k with even less work than now. The loan for the land is over 20 years, but I want to try and pay it all in another 2 years (which will be theoretically possible if I dont spend a lot on other shit).
>>
>>8993565
being good at pure math doesn't lead to jobs. pure math doesn't teach any valuable industry skill. all of that cohomology knowledge means 0 for machine learning and scala data engineering.

you'll learn how useless a pure math degree alone is once you get past baby-tier graduate courses and go into the real world.
>>
>>8995427
>Halmos
Disgusting kike.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.