[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So when there's detectors on the slits, it won't make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Double-slit.PNG.png (4KB, 401x192px) Image search: [Google]
Double-slit.PNG.png
4KB, 401x192px
So when there's detectors on the slits, it won't make a wave like pattern? Why? What particles are the detectors detecting? Why does it prove lights wave-particle duality?
>>
The wave pattern is camera shy.
>>
>>8982479
google it brain let.
>>
>>8982479
Energy and matter are the same thing, but energy doesn't become matter until it is observed by a human person.
>>
>>8982674
And if you get enough human persons trying to will the same thing, then it happens. The plot if AC3
>>
>>8982479
loss of coherence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ORLN_KwAgs
>>
>>8982479
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-slit_experiment
How about you fucking read the article you got the image from kiddo.
>>
File: vHznIzL.jpg (365KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
vHznIzL.jpg
365KB, 800x600px
>>8982479
>tfw consciousness causes the wave function to collapse
>>
>>8982809
no. the detector got in the way.
>>
>To save on processor cycles, the simulation only renders individual particles when they would otherwise be detected, otherwise they are simply treated as waves.

>We feel this won't have any significant impact on the results of the experiment.
>>
>>8982674
>>8982809
I know you two are joking, but I don't think you two realize how many people actually do believe that. It's probably THE reason I decided to go into electronics instead of physics.
>>
>>8982809
>>tfw consciousness causes the wave function to collapse

interferance from the measurement devices causes the wave form to collapse, brainlet.
>>
When the particle goes through the slit, its location and momentum are bounded. By detecting exactly when or how much energy the particle has going through the slit, you bound the energy and trajectory of the particle as per the heisenberg uncertainty. Without obsetvation, the bound is less restricted allowing for more possible energies.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.