[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi I asked my science teacher that if there was just empty space

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: atom.jpg (32KB, 890x477px) Image search: [Google]
atom.jpg
32KB, 890x477px
Hi I asked my science teacher that if there was just empty space between the electron and the neutron then why can't see alot of mini holes? He couldn't answer it and I thought I should ask you guys. Thanks!
>>
>>8981427
Wavelengths of visible light are far too large for it to work.

Next time ask in /sqt/
>>
>>8981433
My bad, thanks for the answer!
>>
>>8981427
It's kinda sad that your teacher was unable to answer you this.
While there really is a lot of empty space between the nucleus and the electrons, the whole deal with opacity is light being absorbed, scattered and reflected by the charge of the electron cloud.
Your retina cannot receive an image of empty space inside an atom, because the outer layer of the atom is what influences the light in the first place and individual atoms are incredibly small.
>>
>>8981444
Check 'em also, why are electrons negative and positrons posistive? Also why are they placed in such a way?
>>
your teacher needs to go back to school
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geiger%E2%80%93Marsden_experiment
Relevant I guess
Its also a cloud of electrons
>>
>>8981427
just fyi, the pic you posted is complete garbage, because real life electrons are clouds (probability distributions) instead of balls orbiting the nucleus
>>
>>8981427
Fuck off with your underage bullshit kys
>>
>>8981427
it's not empty. there are a shitton of virtual particles popping into existence and being destroyed all of the time
>>
>>8981457
Its all relative.
The best answer you will get is because that's the way the universe is.
>>
>>8981457
It is completely arbitrary
>>
>just empty space
space is not "empty" fgt pls
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.