[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about studying. I'm stuck at college, finishing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: study.jpg (2MB, 2200x1463px) Image search: [Google]
study.jpg
2MB, 2200x1463px
Let's talk about studying. I'm stuck at college, finishing my STEM degree, but the last subjects are becoming hell for me. I'm struggling to sit down and pour hours into them, and even when I achieve it the learning quality is shit tier, so I end unmotivated knowing that of 10 hours invested, I only really studied around 4 or 5.

My wish is to finish the fucking degree, get a job and get out of my parents house to live with my GF, but first I need to pass these fucking subjects. Any advice? How do you maximize your study time? What do you do in your free time between study sessions?

Btw, I have one exam tomorrow, another on Thursday and another one on Friday. Tomorrow one is pretty difficult, the thursday one is a bit easier and the Friday one should be a piece of cake. I'd like to pump a nice day of study today but the stress is killing me.
>>
dont be a brainlet
>>
>>8973054
But I don't want to be one, that's why I'm studying.
>>
Lol, i'm in the same boat OP. Adderall, helped me get through this last quarter
>>
>>8973069
You misunderstand. If you were not a brainlet you wouldn't be having so much difficulty in the first place, and no, trying hard is a mark of a brainlet. You must learn stuff very very fast, and you must do things correctly the first time and every time effortlessly.

Just drop out or transfer to a brainlet degree program that suits you better.
>>
File: 1496151283257.jpg (137KB, 698x658px) Image search: [Google]
1496151283257.jpg
137KB, 698x658px
>>8973070
>mfw Adderall is illegal in my country and similar drugs with less effects and risks need psychiatric medication prescription.
>>
>>8973091
>my cumtree
exactly what makes it 'yours' when you have no say in what you get to put in your own body?
>>
>>8973052
I can't stress enough how important intermittent breaks are. Nobody likes studying, so why not study less, but more efficiently? If you're burned out, go on a walk, run an errand, or some other simple chore. Time is the scarcist resource. Make sure you manage yours efficiently.
>>
File: 1475807914967.jpg (76KB, 645x858px) Image search: [Google]
1475807914967.jpg
76KB, 645x858px
>>8973120

>Nobody likes studying

Spot the brainlet
>>
>>8973052
Realize that you are wasting prime years preparing to do what you want, rather than doing what you want

realize economy runs on memes.

realize gf, and parents all want you to settle down and be a supporter which benefits you as much college will get you a job you enjoy.
>>
How our memory works: Long term memory and short term memory!

This works for me personally! I only have to do this with very difficult subjects that require memorization medical dictionary for example!

- Read through all the text.
- Take a break of at least 8h.
- Read again the text this time slowly, when you encounter a difficult to understand section read it over and out loud! Sometimes if you are trying to memorize definitions... it may help to copy them word for word and read your copy right after!
- Take a 24h break (you must sleep on it) and read through the text again if necessary!

In other words you need to read the subject matter and process it through your memory from short term to long term storage! It is very important to take those long breaks/sleep in order to achieve the results!

Best of luck/results to you.
>>
OP. Look into nootropics or dexedrine (purer form of Aderrall w less sides). Also take breaks to meditate, go for a walk in nature and do vigorous exercise w some strength training. Clean up your diet. Too many energy drinks and junk food can make your brain feel like poop. Frequently review your notes.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.