[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't you use safe nootropics like kratom? "white

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: walter-white-vein-kratom.jpg (152KB, 809x750px) Image search: [Google]
walter-white-vein-kratom.jpg
152KB, 809x750px
Why don't you use safe nootropics like kratom?

"white vein" kratom is used for the nootropic effects as the other strains often cause an unwanted high.
It lasts for quite a bit and it isn't too powerful.

pic related is white vein kratom
>>
>>8971822
what the fuck.
I swear that this plant was grown all over the place in my old school in South East Asia.
>>
>>8971840

it's often harvested in south east Asia so it might be it

did you see anyone taking it?
>>
>>8971822
Kratom isn't a nootropic you fucking junkie.
>>
>>8971847
it is and it isn't an opioid either
also, I haven't tried it yet
>>
>>8971849
According to Wikipedia:

>Both mitragynine and 7-HMG [the active compounds in kratom] are selective full agonists of the μ-opioid receptor; 7-HMG appears to have higher affinity.[7] The stimulant effects appear be mediated via prevention of activation of serotonin 5-HT2A receptors and postsynaptic α2-adrenergic receptors.[7] Rhynchophylline is a non-competitive NMDA antagonist found in kratom.[7]

SAY IT WITH ME

OPIOID JUNKIE
>>
Kratom is the shit. I use maybe 8 grams over the course of each day. Depression eliminated. Motivation. I play better chess, play better on my instruments, sleep better, etc. It also makes me more sociable than I'd otherwise be.

The only downside is that I'm mildly physically dependent, and have to do a several-day taper when I want to stop taking it.

Would also highly recommend microdoses of some phenethylamine psychedelics: 2C-E and 2,5-dimethoxy-4-chloroamphetamine (DOC) in particular.
>>
>>8971853
>prevention of activation of serotonin 5-HT2A receptors

Overexpression of 5HT2A in the prefrontal cortex is a common feature found in the brains of depressed people who've committed suicide. Downregulation of this receptor is thought to be the primary MOA of SSRI medication. But SSRIs are dogshit and come with a list of side effects half a mile long.
>>
>>8972062

So it sounds like that kratom could be a short-term solution to depression but with diminishing returns over time with potentially dangerous results.
>>
>>8972081
>dangerous
I don't believe it's any more dangerous than conventional medication. At least one can taper off kratom wayyy faster and with less suffering than an SSRI taper. Moreover, I don't think solutions can be found in medication of any sort. But having the band-aid is incredibly useful so that one can actually function to improve their lot in life and perform some useful introspection with available energy that would otherwise be wasted in a suicidal thought-loop.
>>
>>8972092
I meant more along the lines of inducing depression or worsening it altogether.
>>
>>8972092
E.g. if one is depressed from social isolation, it can be the catalyst for overcoming social anxiety and getting out into the world at hobby meetups or what have you. So ultimately one has improved their mental / social health so as to provide a more-than-bandaid improvement in their condition.
>>
>>8971822
They make me violently I'll.
>>
>>8972096
Possibly. If you take it just as an "escape" and then do nothing with the short-term improvement it's given you, then yeah. Depression won't get better long-term by doing nothing.
>>
Everyone who takes it, where I live, takes it as a pain killer for chronic pain like chronic back pain.
>>
>>8972138
Red veins are great for pain and relaxation. On the other hand, white veins can be quite nootropic, with less pain efficacy.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.