[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There are bacteria that can eat nylon, hair spray and radioactive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: shark.jpg (486KB, 1060x1600px) Image search: [Google]
shark.jpg
486KB, 1060x1600px
There are bacteria that can eat nylon, hair spray and radioactive waste. You're telling me they can't breed a bacteria that can eat cancer?
>>
study cellular biochemistry and find out
>>
>>8965132
Brainlet ogerdrive

Firstoff, people don't breed bacteria, scientists force bacteria to absorb and use DNA they find in the petri dish they're in.

Secondly

If Cancer could be detected so easily by the body, macrophages would eat them, some autoimmune signal would get triggered, whatever,

If cancer was easily detectable by cells, the cancer would be gone
>>
>>8965132
it's really, really easy to find bacteria that will eat cancer.
>>
File: image.jpg (144KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144KB, 750x1000px
>>8965132
>when they hold the shark right
Feels good man
>>
>>8965132
and let's say that maybe, just maybe, you've managed to find or make a bacterium that 1) eats human cells without making the immune system shit itself in excitement, and 2) recognizes and eats only cancerous cells... you really should remember that it's really hard to thrive as a foreign microbe in the human body because of the dominance of the body's native microbes

transgene technology might very well introduce a method for beating cancer at some point, but i'd be willing to bet money this isn't going to be it
>>
>>8965132
>>There are bacteria that can eat radioactive waste.
no there aren't
>>
Ay fuck cancer
>>
>>8965260
https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg23431211-300-radiationeating-bacteria-could-make-nuclear-waste-safer
>>
shark eyes look really weird
>>
>>8965132
Bacteria that eats cancer is easy -- bacteria that eats ONLY cancer is harder -- cancer cells are not that different from regular cells in ways that can be easily detected .
>>
>>8965132
So you want to just inject bacteria into a person? And hope that nothing goes horribly wrong?
>>
>>8965143
>If cancer was easily detectable by cells, the cancer would be gone

Not exactly. Often times the body is able to detect the cancer but unable to do anything about it. There could be an overproduction of growth factors that cause cells to divide faster than the body can deal with them (EGFR tumors). Or the cells overproduce proteins that inhibit the body's immune response (PD-L1 tumors).
>>
>>8965204
Ah thanks, I was in need of a shark lifting instruction manual
>>
>>8965132
Because injecting a person with flesheating bacteria is generally frowned upon.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.