[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will it be possible to terraforming Venus in the next centuries?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 645_lune-ribeauville6.jpg (175KB, 1300x867px) Image search: [Google]
645_lune-ribeauville6.jpg
175KB, 1300x867px
Will it be possible to terraforming Venus in the next centuries?

We always mention Mars, but Venus is closer to the Earth than Mars, it is at about 40 million kilometers, Mars is at 80 million kilometers and Venus is as big as the Earth, Mars is twice as small as the Earth. Venus is also a living planet with an atmosphere, Mars is a dead planet.

To me, it would be more judicious to care more about Venus than Mars. I know that Venus is very inhospitable, but in the future, maybe we will have the technology to make it livable.
>>
>>8963721
Venus is hot as fuck anon
And the Soviets sent Probes to Venus so now it's comunist already and not worthing colonizing
>>
>>8963721
It is actually easier to terraform from scratch, like on Mars for example, which has a really thin atmosphere and is cold, but on Venus the atmosphere is too dense and has a high concentration in carbon dioxyde, which also makes the planet a literal hell.
There has been ideas involving balloons or zeppelins for short manned missions on the planet, to stay at an altitude where the atmosphere is thiner and the temperatures lower
>>
>>8963740
They've sent probes on Mars also.
>>
>>8963810
Well, that's it, we're fucked.
>>
>>8963721
all the probes the Soviets sent up there were grilled by the temperature, crushed by the immense atmospheric pressure in a matter of seconds to minutes, and after that corroded away by the acid rain. venus is so hot you can melt lead on its surface.
>>
>>8963803
i read somewhere the atmosphere is actually so dense, you can use just air in the blimps to keep them afloat in the upper atmosphere
>>
Can you think of a good way to replace 96% of the atmosphere? What about reseeding enough water to fill oceans?

Me neither. Terraforming a meme.
>>
You need space infrastructure capable of decently large engineering without taking 6 gorrilion years. Remember reading a paper that if you occluded all the solar light with a shade in the venus-sun lagrange point it will freeze completely in a century or two. Introducing hydrogen will be slower as you'll need gravity assists in the outer solar system but you'll have to spend some time processing the now thick layer of frozen co2 on the surface anyway so who cares.
I have no memory of the paper mentioning what geological anomalies will occur if the planet's surface is rapidly cooled like that though.

Seems simpler than really ridiculous things like "ram mars with asteroids so we increase grabity and start the core lol:D".
>>
>>8964285
How about we drop a continent-sized block of ice there?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.