[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suppose I don't believe human visited Moon. Let my argument

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1474503412250.jpg (423KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1474503412250.jpg
423KB, 1600x1000px
Suppose I don't believe human visited Moon. Let my argument be it is too far away (4 E8 meters) for that much weight (3 E6 kg). Current satellites of that time were 100x closer (3 to 4 E6 meters) and 100-1000x times lighter.

Distance from Earth to Moon (meter): 4 E8
Distance from Earth to satellites of that time (meter): 3 to 4 E6

Mass of rocket that is claimed to brought humans to Moon (integrale of kg per meter):
>3 E6 to 5 E4 from Earth to 2 E5 (at that point module was separated from carrier rocket)
>5 E4 to 5 E3 from 2 E5 to surface of Moon
>With 5 E3 from surface of Moon to Earth

Mass of satellites of that time (kg): order of magnitude E3 to E4

I accept that unmanned devices did land on Moon. Latest lunar orbiter had a mass of 4 E3, 10x lighter than manned spacecraft.

In anticipation to the most common counterarguments
>There is a reflective surface in Moon that the men installed. You can shine laser onto it
Unmanned device could've easily planted that. I accept that reflective surface of that kind couldn't have formed spontaneously.
>Why would they fake a moon landing?
Power display. USSR and USA were heavily influenced by competition that could've driven them to such acts.
>What difference does it make whether they were on the Moon or not?
Humans have unrealistic expectations on space transportation possibilities. I want to reinforce the concept that humanity will (1) never live on any other celestial body other than Earth (2) never be able to transport any instrument outside the Solar system (3) never find extraterrestrial life. These realistic expectations will possibly lead to better environmental policies.

In conclusion: I claim a human has never touched the surface of Moon and returned alive.

How would you attack my claim so that I myself could reproduce the results? Merit of science is that in principle anyone could verify what you say, and that for a claim to be true, it must also be verified by someone else (for example, not USA).
>>
Those are some big numbers for a brainlet
>>
A jetplane can run only for several hours at few hundred mph until its out of fuel yet we are expected to believe a tiny tin can had enough fuel to get all the way to the moon and with speeds far bigger than even the fastest fighter jets?
>>
>>8957882

>Suppose I don't believe human visited Moon.

Suppose you do and delete the thread.
>>
>>8957917
Do you know that in space you don't need to have engines always on, don't you? If you don't consider launch in atmosphere then burn duration in space is a metter of seconds and you let gravity and inertia do all the work
>>
>>8957917
>tfw you know nothing about orbit transfers
You only need some thrust to boost it.
>>
Please stop responding to a pasta.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGXTF6bs1IU
>>
>>8957882
I remember someone unironically posted this exact hread a while back and they had brain problems.

Please sage if you must take the bait anons!
>>
>>8957882
So what, you think the advancement in manned space flight that occurred over that period was just a coincidence? So the government spends billions and billions on research that hugely increases NASA's ability to put people in space, but oh no that was just a side thing we will just cheat to beat Russia instead. So what do you say to the fact that the technology that "supposedly" took people to the moon was, I don't know, actually fucking capable of doing so? The lunar module, Saturn V rocket, the schematics of all that shit isn't classified or anything and every rocket engineer that has ever looked into this has agreed that they would have totally worked. So you're saying they just built machines capable of putting someone on the moon and didn't use it? And how about the Apollo 13 mission? They faked a total failure where the passengers only survived because of dumb luck, embarrassing NASA and the rest of the country in the process, for the sake of fucking drama? This is fucking dumb dude.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.